Jill Wales - Registered Member MBACP (Accred). DipHE in Counselling. BA (Hons)
Wellspring Complementary Health Centre.
22a Holme Lane
When we are struggling we all need someone to be there; to meet us with acceptance, understanding, warmth and compassion. In life we will all encounter difficulties and losses at various times, and it is at these times that counselling can really make a difference in how we feel about ourselves. A central part of counselling is around building a relationship of trust; without the fear of being shamed, judged or rejected.
Through counselling I believe we can expand our awareness of ourselves and our defensive parts, where we can learn new ways of responding. We can then discover what our true needs are and how to go about meeting these in order to improve how we see ourselves and our relationships with others. I work with both individuals and couples.
I have worked professionally as a counsellor for 12 years now; my expertise is in working with anxiety, panic, OCD, depression, anger, relationship problems, substance misuse, shame, domestic abuse, childhood trauma, gambling, suicide, self-harm, bereavement and other life stages. I currently work at Wellspring Complementary Health Centre in Sheffield, which is a small, discreet practice.
I am an Accredited Member of BACP and adhere to the BACP's code of ethics, regularly engaging in ongoing training and clinical supervision.
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any queries and I will be happy to hear from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Relational Training - RELATE.
- DipHE Integrative Counselling (BACP Accredited). (Sheffield Hallam University).
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery. (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors - PODS).
- Trauma and the Body. (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors - PODS).
- Working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). (BSARCH).
- Sexual Abuse & Trauma. (BSARCH).
- Sexualised & Relational Trauma. (Zoe Lodrick, Psychotherapist).
- GamCare Training. (Krysallis).
- Dual Diagnosis - The Management of Substance Misuse & Mental Illness. (Leeds Addiction Unit).
- Working with Subpersonalities - Clinicians Course. (School of Transpersonal Psychotherapy).
- Experiencing Subpersonalities - Experiential Course. (School of Transpersonal Psychotherapy).
- Waking in the Field of Dreams. (School of Transpersonal Psychotherapy).
- Introduction to Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (LEAP) (BACP Endorsed).
- Certificate in Drug & Alcohol Counselling (CertDAC). (Sheffield Hallam University).
- BA (Hons) Applied Social Science. (Hull University).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
£45 per counselling session individual.
£55 per counselling session couples.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available to suit.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|