Jill Wales - Registered Member MBACP (Accred). DipHE in Counselling. BA (Hons)
Wellspring Complementary Health Centre.
22a Holme Lane
When we are struggling we all need someone to be there; to meet us with acceptance, understanding, warmth and compassion. In life we will all encounter difficulties and losses at various times, and it is at these times that counselling can really make a difference in how we feel about ourselves. A central part of counselling is around building a relationship of trust; without the fear of being shamed, judged or rejected.
Through counselling I believe we can expand our awareness of our vulnerable side and of our defensive parts, where we can learn to let go of old ways of existing. We can then learn what our true needs are and how to go about meeting our needs to improve how we see ourselves and our relationships with others.
I have worked professionally as a counsellor for nearly 10 years now; my expertise is in working with mental health, estrangement, substance misuse, shame, relationship breakdown, domestic abuse, childhood trauma, gambling, suicide, self- harm, bereavement and other life stages. I currently work at Wellspring Complementary Health Centre in Sheffield, which is a small, discreet practice.
I am a Registered Member of BACP (Accred) and adhere to the BACP's code of ethics, regularly engaging in ongoing training and clinical supervision.
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any queries and I will be happy to hear from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- DipHE Integrative Counselling (BACP Accredited). (Sheffield Hallam University).
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery. (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors - PODS).
- Trauma and the Body. (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors - PODS).
- Working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). (BSARCH).
- Sexual Abuse & Trauma. (BSARCH).
- Sexualised & Relational Trauma. (Zoe Lodrick, Psychotherapist).
- GamCare Training. (Krysallis).
- Dual Diagnosis - The Management of Substance Misuse & Mental Illness. (Leeds Addiction Unit).
- Working with Subpersonalities - Clinicians Course. (School of Transpersonal Psychotherapy).
- Experiencing Subpersonalities - Experiential Course. (School of Transpersonal Psychotherapy).
- Waking in the Field of Dreams. (School of Transpersonal Psychotherapy).
- Introduction to Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy (LEAP) (BACP Endorsed).
- Certificate in Drug & Alcohol Counselling (CertDAC). (Sheffield Hallam University).
- BA (Hons) Applied Social Science. (Hull University).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
£40 per counselling session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available to suit.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|