Jill Dighton BSc (Hons) MBACP (Accred). UKCP Reg.
If you are thinking about entering into Counselling sessions I know this can be a difficult time for you; not only are you experiencing the issues you have, but you are faced with making a choice of where to go for your appointments. My aim is to always be approachable, empathic, respectful and flexible. I believe in empowering my clients to be in control of their counselling process - whether short or long-term.
I offer individuals a professionally qualified, face to face, Psycotherapeutic Counselling service in a secure, confidential and non-judgemental atmosphere. I was trained and work in an integrative and relational way; this means I look at my clients needs and concerns then integrate theories, concepts and techniques in order to help the client in the best way possible. I also focus on how my clients relate to others and the world.
Since undertaking specialist training, I also see couples for Couples or Relationship Counselling. I support a couple as they explore and try to understand the relationship issues or difficulties they are experiencing. Together, I help the couple find a solution that works for them both.
Each Counselling session lasts for 1 hour. I have full Professional Civil Liability Insurance and Home Business Insurance.
Counselling Supervision Service:
I have completed the Certificate in Supervision with the prestigious Relational Academy, Cambridge.
I am based in the tranquil village setting of Grafham with a dedicated parking space for my clients. I can be easily reached from St Neots, Huntingdon, Buckden, Brampton, Godmanchester, Kimbolton, Staughton, Perry and Ellington as well as from towns and villages close to the Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire borders. My practice is conveniently placed near to our new Community Village shop.
I offer all sessions as follows:
- Tuesday - from 10:30am until 7pm
- Wednesdays - all day from 10.30am until 7pm
- Thursdays - from 10:30am until 7pm
- Fridays - from 10:30am until 7pm
I look forward to working with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Professional Qualifications include:
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Integrative Counselling
- BACP Accredited Counsellor status
- Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling.
- Supervision Certificate
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate in Motivational Therapeutic Interventions
- Level 3 NCFE Counselling
- Level 2 NCFE Counselling
- Various Additional Training Courses on issues including: (not exhaustive list)
- Trauma Focused CBT to work with PTSD. Dr Heather Sequeira London 23/24 March 2017
- Mindfulness in Human Givens Practice. Human Givens College. London. Feb 2017
- Resolving Clinical Dilemmas in Therapy. Dr Susie Orbach. Nscience. London Jan 2017.
- Jung Today: Clinical & Cultural Perspectives. Prof's Samuels, Schaverien, & Chris Hauke. Nscience London. Nov 2016
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse. Christiane Sanderson. London. Mar 2016
- Creative Arts Therapy Training. 40 hours. Dr. Lynne Souter-Anderson. Mar-Sept 2015.
- Existential Therapy: 'A philosophical way of working'. Prof. Emmy van Deurzen. Sept 2015.
- The Therapy Relationship: -Nscience. London. Prof. A Samuels. Jan 2015
- Psychodynamic Neuroscience: - Nscience. London. Dr. A Fotopoulou 2015.
- Additional Couples Counselling & Relationship Training 2014.
- Mixed Media Creative Arts Workshop. 2014.
- Couples Counselling Training Modules 2014.
- 'Affairs - the impact on the couple relationship' - The Tavistock Clinic, London. 2014
- 'Love Across the Life Cycle: Neuroscience, Attachment & the Couple'. The Tavistock Clinic. 2014
- Working with Trauma Survivors.
- Counselling & Prescribed Medication: 2013
- Managing emotions whilst dealing with trauma & stress
- Living & working with Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Suicide & self harm
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Masterclass. 2013
- Anxiety & OCD. 2013
- Working with anger
I am continually committed to my own current professional development and research to enable me to offer my clients the best service I can.
- Counselling within HM Prison Service
- Counselling with MIND in Cambs
- Private Practice
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
Each 1 hour session:
Individual client - £30*
Couples - £45*
Supervision for Counsellors and Psychotherapists - £35*
(*Concessions i.e. for low waged, retired and Counselling Students are available so please do not hesitate to ask me.)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have completed the course in Relational Supervision with the prestigious Relational Academy based in Cambridge and have their Certificate in Supervision.View supervision profile