The core of my practice centers on helping people move through all stages of healing process.
The main focus of my work is
- to empower people to regain control over their lives
- to enhance their inner resilience
- to help them re-develop a sense of trust and a feeling of safety
- to improve self-esteem and
- to increase stability in their interpersonal relationships.
I am passionate about finding creative ways of providing effective therapeutic services as I see counselling as a process of engagement between two persons, who collaborate to solve problems.
My specialisms are
- childhood abuse: in all its forms (emotional, psychological, neglect, sexual and/or ritual abuse) and its consequences (lost sense of safety, trust in others, lost sense of control, unbalanced power in personal and professional relationships, self-harm mechanisms to cope with pain, nightmares and flashbacks)
- trauma, including PTSD, dissociation, identity issues and its long-term-effects on life functioning
- domestic violence
- relationship issues, self esteem problems, body image-related issues
- depression, anxiety, phobias
- communication difficulties in professional and personal settings
- career concerns
I am currently collaborating with NAPAC (National Association for People Abused in Childhood) to offer FREE support groups for survivors.
I work in English, Italian and with interpreters.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Counsellor and Clinical Psychologist, and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). My training combined psychodynamic, integrative and multicultural approaches.
I am currently working as a volunteer at the Watford Women Centre and run a psycho-educational and therapy group for survivors on behalf of NAPAC. I also run two Personal Development groups on behalf of The Counselling Foundation.
I completed my first BA in psychology at the University of Padua (Italy), followed by a Laurea Specialistica (i.e. 2-year post BA equivalent to a Master) in clinical psychology at the same institution. After working as a clinical psychologist, I moved to the United States, where I obtained a second BA in psychology and a Master in Counselling and Personnel Psychology at the University of Minnesota.
I worked in clinical practice, community settings and university. My experience includes counselling child survivors of abuse, young people in academic distress and adults suffering from a wide range of emotional and neuro-psychological problems.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Abuse (emotional, psychological, sexual, ritual)
- Trauma, early childhood and adulthood
- DID Dissociative Identity DIsorder
- Psychosomatic disorders and chronic pain
- Relationships issues, self-esteem and identity problems
- Generalized anxiety and depression
- Support groups
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
£20 for the first consultation (45 minutes to 1 hour)
Between £50 - £40
I accept cash or online deposit at the end of each session.
Cancellation policy: I ask that 24 hours notice will be given to reschedule/cancel a session.
New therapy support for survivors of abuse and childhood trauma.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Italian, Work with Interpreters|
Mon-Fri:9:00-8:00 pm Saturday: 9:00-5:00 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|