Jennifer Richards Registered MBACP
Welcome to Embracing Change Counselling
You have most probably come across this page as you are thinking about accessing counselling for yourself or for someone else.
Counselling offers you the space to explore issues that are causing you distress, confusion or concern; with someone who will not tell you what to do, judge or reproach you.
As a BACP Registered Counsellor, I can help you to understand yourself and your feelings and emotions, by encouraging you to explore your options in a safe and trusting environment. Most importantly I will will help you to understand why you are feeling a certain way, how your problems arose and help you to learn how to avoid similar problems arising again.
I appreciate that accessing Counselling can be a scary and daunting prospect therefore, initially I will offer you a no obligation consultation session so that we can meet and discuss the difficulties that you are currently facing.
I am a qualified and experienced BACP Registered Counsellor offering Person Centered Counselling and CBT for Young People, Adults and Couples from a private, confidential clinic in Leominster, Herefordshire and Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
I have had experience of working with many difficulties including but not limited to Anxiety, Depression, Domestic Violence, Stress, Abuse and Neglect, Relationship issues, Separation and Divorce, Bereavement, Sexual Abuse, Low Self-Esteem, Panic Disorder, Stress, Anger, Postnatal Depression, Family issues, Phobias and Low Confidence. There will be very little I will be unable to help you with.
I am based in Leominster, Herefordshire and have an additional clinic in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, in a confidential and comfortable counselling room. I do not have disabled access currently however I can provide telephone/video therapy or can do home visits if this suits you better.
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have using the 'Email me' button on this site or the contact form on my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BTEC Health and Social Care
- BA Psychology and Sociology at Birmingham City University
- MA Clinical Counselling at University of Chester
- Postgraduate Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Intervention (CBT) at University of Birmingham
- Multi-agency Level Three Child Sexual Exploitation with Staffordshire Council
- Multi-agency Level Three Children and Domestic Violence and Abuse with Staffordshire Council
- Multi-agency Level Three Understanding Suicide and Self Harm with Staffordshire Council
- Multi-agency Level Three Child Sexual Exploitation
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect
- CAMHS - Understanding and Managing Anger in Children and Young People
- CAMHS - Building Self Esteem for Children and Young People
- CAMHS - Helping Children and Young People cope with Loss and Bereavement
- BLAST Project 'Not just our daughters' (Training for Sexual exploitation in boys and young men)
Additional training in:
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Abuse
- Children and Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Child in Need
- Eating Disorders
- Female Genital Mutilation
- Suicide and Self Harm
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safegurding Children with a Disability
- Mental Health and Child Protection
- Personality Disorder
- Nutrition and Wellbeing
- Sexual Health
- Panic Disorder
- Sleep Hygiene
- Stress Management
My counselling and therapy experience has been across the NHS in Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) for South Staffordshire and Shropshire NHS and Youth Offending for NHS England. I trained through the NHS and completed my Postgraduate Certificate in Low Intensity Psychological Interventions at the University of Birmingham after completing my Masters (MA) in Clinical Counselling from the University of Chester. I have had experience in the voluntary sector working as a Counsellor with survivors of Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence and most recently my experience has bought me into the world of Integrated Health; working as a Counsellor with those who are experiencing Occupational difficulties including work anxiety and stress and may be facing restructure in their work place, bullying or redundancy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer creative therapies such as Stone Therapy - http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellor-articles/what-are-the-stones-for
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Initial Assessment £20
Follow up sessions £35
Inital Assessment £30
Follow up sessions £45
Initial assessment and follow up sessions £30
Please get in touch to discuss telephone/video sessions
A deposit may be needed to secure your consultation slot
Home visits incur a minimal mileage fee
I offer some concessionary sessions for those on a low income or who are trainee counsellors or current members of the military, their spouses and military veterans.
Take a look at us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/embracingchangeherefordshire/
I also run well-being classes including anxiety, depression, sleep, health and nutrition; please get in touch for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, Evening and Weekend appointments in Leominster and Cheltenham
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|