Dr Jennifer Leonard - Counselling Psychologist & psychotherapist
01225864840 / 07434108811
Jennifer is an experienced Counselling Psychologist and Psychotherapist. She works with individuals, couples, people in business and entrepreneurs. Her methods include CBT, Mindfulness and Holigral Coaching. Jennifer also offers long-term Psychotherapy for people who want to release old ways of thinking, feeling and behaving that are no longer useful.
Stress, anxiety and depression
Symptoms of stress and panic can be brought on when we feel overwhelmed by our life's circumstances. It can be just a small thing that "break the camel's back" sending us tumbling into a melt down and panic and anxiety can take hold.
Depression can follow stressful life events that involve change and usually loss of some kind. If we do not have enough inner and outer resources to draw on then things can start to get on top of us. Alternatively, our low mood may be linked to a reduction in daylight, resulting in SADS. Or, it may be that we are aware of an underlying sense of dissatisfaction with life and low mood. One of the symptoms of depression is the the escalation negative thinking. Are you aware of negative and critical voices inside your head? Most of have these inner critics to some extent, but when we start to give these voices too much attention they can escalate and become troublesome. This is when we need to take action to prevent them tipping us into a negative spiral of anxiety and depression.
Jennifer's methods are powerful yet gentle, fast and effective. By addressing the underlying issues as well as proving helpful tools for coping with current difficulties, she helps to facilitate sustainable change, optimal performance and clarity of mind.
Please take a look at our video for more information about the Holigral Method.
Seven ways that you could benefit from counselling or Psychotherapy
- Sustained change
- Release blocks and limitations
- Release old negative ways of thinking that no longer serve you
- Enriched relationship with yourself and with others
- Bring life back into balance
- Peace of mind
- The British Psychological Society (BPS) registered as a Chartered Psychologist
- The Health Care and Professionals Council (HCPC) the Government regulatory body established to protect the public by ensuring that members meet their standards for training) as a practitioner Counselling Psychologist
Training, qualifications & experience
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
- Registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Practitioner Psychologist
- PhD Psychology
- BA (Hons) Psychology
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling accredited by the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Bereavement trained with Dorothy House
- Addiction trained with SWADS
Jennifer is currently training in working with the body's energy systems (similar to those used in acupuncture, osteopathy and Chi Gong). This offers a more holistic approach for those who would like to work on deeper levels - including mind, body and soul.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Employee well being
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
Counselling, Psychotherapy and Psychological Therapy
Fees are charged on a sliding scale - please contact me to discuss. I also offer 1 or 2 places at a slightly reduced rate for anyone who is on a low income and would struggle to find the full fee.
I accept private Medical Insurance from most providers.
I am happy to take GP referrals for private patients.
Thank you for visiting my profile
If you have any questions or want to make an initial appointment, then please feel free to give me a call so that we can discuss how I might help.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|