Jennifer Gilling BSc., Adv. Dip., Regd MBACP, Chrtrd MCIPD
I've worked in private practice now for 6 years and combined with voluntary work in that time I've accrued over 1,000 supervised counselling hours. I am motivated to continue doing what I do as I begin to see positive changes in my clients from their first session when life may feel purposeless to their final session where life has meaning again and holds hope.
The name of my counselling practice is MBS Counselling, mind body and soul as all three play a part in our feeling of well being. I approach the counselling support I offer from an holistic perspective, clients who wish to try a natural approach to healing the mind may benefit from how I work.
I am an integrative practitioner in that I use a range of counselling techniques dependent on the needs of the client, which includes techniques from CBT, Gestalt, Psychodynamic insight, Transactional Analysis, Solution Focused Brief Therapy and Grief counselling, all from a Person Centred approach. I also offer sessions in stress management and relaxation techniques, which includes mindfulness, which can help with anger, anxiety, depression, fears or phobias, muscular tension, high blood pressure, headaches, sleeping difficulties, work related stress and chronic pain.
Most of my clients report positive feelings of well-being as soon as the end of the first session. You will be amazed at how quickly you will feel better able to cope with life issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Therapeutic Counselling
- Adv.. Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling (Natural Healing)
- Diploma in Stress Management
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Level 2 Certificate in Bereavement Care
- Chartered MCIPD Professional Qualification in Personnel & Development
- Level 3 Certificate in Psychology:Child Development
- ASIST- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Employment Service 1986-1992
- ACAS Leeds 1992-1999
- Local Government Kirklees 1999-2010
- Private practice since 2011
- Cruse Bereavement Care 2011-2013
- Volunteer & placement Counsellor (UCHM) 2011-2014
- Job Retention Specialist (MIND) 2014-2015
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Terminal illness, fear of dying. Specialising in work related issues, employment law related matters. Help in building emotional and psychological robustness to survive toxic work environments or help to move on to other employment.
Photos & videos
Individual face to face 60 mins @ £40.
Couples 60 mins @ £50.
Telephone or email counselling 60 mins @ £30
Video Skype 60 mins @ £40.
Stress & Relaxation session 60 mins £40
Counselling/Students individual face to face £28.
EAPs/Employer referrals £40 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday, daytime and evening sessions. Face to face, telephone, e-mail and video Skype. I offer a degree of flexibility please enquire.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|