Jean Burke MSc, UKCP, MBACP (Accred)
I offer short-term counselling and long-term psychotherapy in Brockenhurst in the New Forest.
I work with a wide range of issues common to people seeking therapy such as depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, relationship issues and bereavement for example.
I have two areas of specialist interest:
- Supporting people struggling with work-related issues such as stress, burn-out, anxiety, bullying, career transition and work-life balance.
- Working with individuals (their families and friends) coming to terms or living with long-term or life-limiting health conditions (e.g. cancer, MS, chronic pain, etc).
I can be contacted on 07968 722491 or email me at email@example.com.
Training, qualifications & experience
My experience includes working for the mental health charity Mind, running a telephone counselling service for an Employee Assistance Provider (EAP) and supporting those diagnosed with cancer and their friends and families at The Mulberry Centre, West Middlesex Hospital and Maggie’s Centre in Charing Cross Hospital.
I work part-time as a counsellor at Oakhaven Hospice in Lymington.
I have a background of over 20 years in senior management roles in the corporate sector. I thus also work with individuals seeking career counselling or coaching to deal with work-related matters.
How I work
In my experience what matters most in any personal development work is the quality of the relationship between psychotherapist and client. With this in mind my aim is to provide a confidential, supportive and non-judgemental environment to enable you to explore what has brought you to therapy.
The focus of our work will be on helping you gain a better understanding of how you might be feeling about certain issues, develop insight and understanding as to why this might be and explore what choices you have and the coping strategies available to you. The pace and nature of the work will guided by you.
I work in an integrative way. This means that I draw on different schools of thought such as existential, psychodynamic, systemic and cognitive behavioural to ensure we work together effectively.
Qualifications & Training
I have an MSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy. I have also undertaken specialised training in CBT, Mindfulness and Coaching. In addition I hold a Masters degree in Business Studies and Bachelor of Commerce.
- Registered member of UKCP
- Registered accredited member of BACP
- Accredited clinical member of the Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA)
- Member Association for Coaching
- Lapidus, the writing for wellbeing organisation, and
- Society for Existential Analysis
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Career counselling, executive coaching.
£50 per 50 minute session.
Missed sessions must be paid for.
I am a registered with healthcare providers Aviva, Allianz and Vitality Health .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|