Jayne Phillips, Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, Dip Couns, MBACP Registered
Welcome to my profile.
I am a fully qualified, BACP registered Integrative Therapist.
I trained (four years) and I strongly believe there is no single approach that can be used whilst working with individual clients, with a variety of issues. My training background included Person Centred, Psychodynamic and Transpersonal theories however, I also use 'tools' and 'methods' from other approaches such as Gestalt and Transactional Analysis. I practice Mindfulness in my personal life and am always happy to bring this in to the therapeutic space.
I see clients (18+) and individuals (no couples) in my private practice (since 2011) working with a range of issues, including depression, anxiety, panic, bereavement, relationship/family difficulties and addiction. I also work extensively with students and help to support those who are struggling with the demands of university life.
I am a naturally caring, non-judgemental and empathic person, who will work sensitively at your pace. There will be gentle challenge, as you explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours, which in turn helps to develop growth, change and movement.
I can work with you on a short (6-20 weeks) or long term, open-ended basis, working from a confidential and peaceful room. My practice is within walking distance from the centre of Bath and on a regular bus route. There is free parking at all times.
It can sometimes be difficult to understand and come to terms with, let alone communicate, how we are feeling about something. On top of that, to contact a stranger about an issue(s) that may feel very private, sensitive or disturbing, can be a real struggle.
Whether it feels as if you are holding something small or huge, something that is a current issue or issues from the past, counselling and psychotherapy may be able to help.
If you decide you would like to come and see me for an Initial Assessment, please feel free to send me an email, text or leave a message on my mobile. I aim to get back to you within 24 hours, usually sooner.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE ASSESSMENT?
The initial meeting is an opportunity for us to meet and for you to let me know why you are thinking about having counselling. There will be space for you to ask any questions you may have about me and how I work. You will not be rushed and I will listen carefully to you, to enable me to fully assess your needs. *Please note, I do not charge for this appointment.
If you decide you would like to book up sessions and providing we are both in agreement that we would like to work together, we can discuss booking an initial six sessions. It may be that at the end of the six weeks (or less), you feel you no longer require support or perhaps further, open ended work is needed. I respect your autonomy at all times.
You can text me on 07870 327 016
You can call and leave a message on 07870 327 016 or
Email me on the link at the top or bottom of my profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative Model)
- CPCAB Certificates in Counselling Skills and Studies
- Studying BSc (Hons) Psychology (Child Psychology & Childhood Studies)
- Registered with the BACP (046202) and I hold their Certificate of Proficiency
- SWADS (Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Service) Training
- I hold an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service - previously CRB) Certificate
- Registered with ICO (Data Protection)
- Off The Record - LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans) Training Programme
- Private Practice Counsellor (since 2011) working with adults 18+
- Volunteer Youth Counsellor with Off the Record, Bath
- Addictions Counsellor with SWADS (Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Agency)
- Telephone Counsellor with Mothers for Mothers (Postnatal Depression)
- Administrator for Relate Avon (Relationship Counselling)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
I offer all clients a free half hour initial consultation.
I do hold some concessionary places for students and those on low income, please enquire.
Payment can be made by cash or cheque at each session. (If you prefer to pay by BACS, this can be arranged with conditions).
I can provide a receipt on request.
- Medals and t-shirts...
- The transition from home to university... when the time comes to reach out for help
- Living with a narcissist... can it be done?
- Flirting; a harmless bit of fun?
- A new year or a black hole?
- The risk of asking 'how are you?'...
- Is it OK to grieve... for a pet?
- Why do we tell lies?
- The monster ... with green eyes
- Do you listen...?
- Wherever you go, there you are...
- When the laughter stops...
FirstBath No 7 bus runs from Bath bus station to my practice
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays and Saturdays
Types of client