Jayne Heron MBACP Reg.
07798 577 594
My name's Jayne & I have a background in television - I was a factual entertainment Producer before I had my children. I also have a degree in Politics.
I've lived all over the UK but I love living in the South West, with the warm weather and outdoor lifestyle. I especially love being in amongst nature in woodlands and on the beaches and moors.
I specialize in anxiety and depression and Emotional Intelligence.
My style of counselling is warm, informal and friendly and includes being:
- PERSON-CENTRED - I adjust my practice according to what you need. I also believe in you as a unique, valuable, worthwhile human being.
- SAFE, CONFIDENTIAL, NON-JUDGEMENTAL, SUPPORTIVE
- EMPATHIC - it's my job to walk in your shoes and see the world how you see it.
- IN PARTNERSHIP - we work together to achieve your goals
- TRAINED - I studied for a Certificate in Counselling and then a BACP Accredited Level 4 Advanced Diploma at the Iron Mill College in Exeter for 2 years, undergoing 40 hours of my own personal therapy and spending over 150 hours in placement. I am a Registered Member of the BACP and abide by their Ethical Framework and I'm currently working towards Accreditation.
My BACP number is 319158.
I also have a full enhanced DBS, Number 001523633260.
Contact me now via TEXT, EMAIL or PHONE for an initial chat and we can arrange a convenient time to meet in Torquay or Online - FIRST SESSION IS FREE OF CHARGE.
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling, The Iron Mill College, Exeter
TA101, The Iron Mill College, Exeter
Certificate in Counselling, The Iron Mill College, Exeter
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
£50 per hour
First session free
Most people are nervous at their first session, but during this meeting you can get to know a little bit about me and how I work and I can start to understand the problems you'd like to bring to therapy. There is no obligation to commit to therapy if it doesn't feel right, so you've got nothing to lose but one hour of your time.
Counselling is only effective if you like your Counsellor and feel comfortable talking to them, so this first FREE session is really important to help you decide whether I'm the right Counsellor for you. And if I'm not, I can point you in the direction to find someone who may be a better fit - Counsellors come in all shapes and sizes, so keep looking until you find someone you feel comfortable with.
I work weekdays, daytime and evenings so get in touch via email, text or phone - I really look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday daytime and evenings
Types of client