Jayne Hayers BSc PgDip MBACP
Most people go through difficult times at some point during their life which can give them a feeling of anxiety, depression, feeling sad or in a low mood; such feelings can be linked to many different reasons and we can feel that no-one understands us; our family and friends can be helpful but they are often too emotionally involved to help us gain a clear view of what is troubling us.
Counselling is not about offering you advice or telling you what to do but by using my skills we can identify and clarify areas in your life that you would like to change; empowering you to make your own decisions and to implement any changes for yourself.
People often say that they feel more able to cope in their life and relationships once they have had counselling.
I work by adopting an Integrative approach to therapy depending on your own needs, this may include using a combination of different therapy models such as Person-centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Gestalt, Mindfulness, Solution-Focused etc. Our therapy sessions will be tailored to your own needs, enabling me to work at your own pace; by working alongside each other we can explore and bring out what best serves you.
While I counsel an array of issues such as abuse, anxiety, anorexia nervosa, depression, bipolar disorder, bereavement, bulimia, generalised anxiety disorder, phobias, PTSD, terminal illness and relationships. I have an interest in sexuality and gender identity and regularly lecture at Universities with regard to these areas.
I have worked for Rape Crisis counselling people on issues including sexual abuse, sexual assault, domestic violence and ritual abuse. I have also volunteered my counselling services for the LGBT Foundation working with individuals of sexual minority groups on a wide range of presenting issues.
I have assisted on several research pieces involving eating disorders, personality disorders, Parkinson's Disease, Transgender health care and also various cancers.
When you attend Inner Dawn Counselling & Psychotherapy, you can expect to be treated:
- As an individual
- Without judgement
- With integrity
For more information please visit our website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychotherapy (PgDip)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Counselling Certificate level 4
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in Child Protection
- Certificate in Bisexuality Awareness
- Certificate in Transgender Awareness
- Storm Suicide Awareness Training
- Dementia Friend Training
- Certificate of Bereavement
- Certificate of Addiction
I comply with BACP's requirements for Continued Professional Development and Supervision.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I welcome enquiries from clients with any concern, but I do have a special interest in:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Survivors of Sexual Violence
- Gender Identity Issues
£40 - Individuals (50 minutes)
£60 - Couples
** Fees are paid cash only at the time of the session **
* Concessions are available for counselling students who require therapy as part of their course (please ask for more information).
* I have a limited number of concessions available on set days for those who are unwaged, students or receive a state pension; daytime appointments only (please ask for more information).
* Fees for Organisations & Employee Assistance Program clients vary (please ask for more information).
Evening appointments are limited; the latest appointment is 7.00pm or 7.30pm dependent on the day.
Please telephone for further details; if you feel you'd prefer to text or email, please do so and I will reply as soon as I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Hours: Monday-Friday 10-8pm Sat/Sun: Closed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|