Jayne Hayers BSc PgDip MBACP
Most people go through difficult times at sometime during their life which often gives them a feeling of anxiety, depression or just feeling down and in a low mood; such feelings can be linked to many different reasons and often we feel that no one understands us; our family and friends can be helpful but they are often too emotionally involved to help gain a clear view of what is troubling us.
Counselling is not about offering you advice or telling you what to do but by using my skills we can identify and clarify areas in your life that you want to change; empowering you to make your own decisions to implement change for yourself.
I work by adopting an integrative approach depending on your needs, which may include other therapy models such as Person-centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Gesalt, Mindfulness, Solution-focused etc; our therapy sessions will be tailored to what you want. This enables me to work at each client’s own individual pace; working alongside each other we explore and bring out what best serves you the client to fulfil your needs.
My great passion in life has always been to help others and the fact that I can help people as a career is amazing. While I counsel an array of issues such as abuse, anxiety, anorexia nervosa, depression, bipolar disorder, bereavement, bulimia, generalised anxiety disorder, phobias, terminal illness and relationships; I do have an interest in sexuality and gender identity and I lecture at Universities about this and give presentations to other groups with regard to these issues.
I have worked for Rape Crisis, where I counselled women on a range of issues including sexual abuse, sexual assault, domestic violence and ritual abuse. I have also volunteered my counselling services for the LGBT Foundation working with individuals of sexual minority groups on a range of issues.
I have worked on several research pieces involving eating disorders, personality disorders, Parkinson's Disease, Transgender health care and also various cancers.
For more information please visit my website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- PgDip Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Counselling Skills Certificate level 4
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in Child Protection with Manchester Council
- Certificate in Bisexuality Awareness
- Certificate in Transgender Awareness
- Storm Suicide Awareness Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Gender Identity including issues surrounding Transgender, Transsexual, Cross dressing and or Transvestism.
Oldham Office: £40 - Individuals
£60 - Couples
Bury Office: £50 - Individuals
£70 - Couples
** Fees are paid cash only at the time of the session **
* Telephone counselling to be paid 48 hrs in advance of the appointment via PayPal (£40 each).
* A concessionary rate is available for students in counselling training who require therapy as part of their course - Please contact for details.
* I also have a limited number of concessionary rate places on set days at the Oldham Office for those who are unwaged, students or on a state pension for daytime appointments only (please ask for more information).
* Fees for Organisations & Employee Assistance Program clients vary - please contact for details.
Evening appointments are limited; the latest appointment is 7.00pm or 7.30pm dependent on the day.
Please telephone for further details; if you feel you'd prefer to text or email, please do so and I'll reply as soon as I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Hours: Monday-Friday 10-8pm Sat/Sun: Closed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|