Jason Oddi BACP & CoSRT
65 Mornington Street
55A Grantham Road
I offer you a warm and inviting space to process the feelings that have led you to seek support. Counselling/ Psychosexual or Couples therapy can be seen as an opportunity to be guided through rough seas to a calmer bay, a journey from chaos to serenity.
I recognise experiences come at us thick and fast as adults. Sometimes these experiences and the feelings they generate can be manageable, but at other times the feelings can be overwhelming. I am here to support you through these difficult times.I offer you a compassionate ear, and give you space to explore your emotions, thoughts and reactions.
How I Work
I offer Integrative counselling, Psychosexual and Relational therapy for Individuals and Couples.
- Psychosexual Counselling
My belief is that there is nothing so shame laden that cannot be worked through therapeutically. Working with sexual energy and creativity can bring back the fun in relationships but also deepen our core connection to the self and others.
- Relational Counselling
I mediate between couples to find common ground. We work towards re-building bridges and re-defining communications skills. I aid couples to hear each others wants and needs and how to transition into a new relationship landscape.
- Integrative counselling is a model that uses the many gifts of many models of therapeutic support to aid the client in their process from distress back to wellness.
Why Choose Me?
Clients that I have worked with previously have described their sessions with me as supportive and safe.They have found me to be both knowledgeable and professional in my approach and my empathic responses has deepened our work.
Feeling supported allows you space to process and make sense of where your current feelings have come from and how we can work with them.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. (RMBACP)
- Diploma In Integrative Counselling
- Certificated year 1 and 2 In Psychosexual therapy.
- Certificate in C.B.T.
- Certificate in Couples Counselling.
- Certificate in Theraplay.
- Certificate in Enhanced Adoption Parenting (EAPT.
- ITEC level 3 Holistic massage therapy.
I have worked in Central and North London and Central Brighton and Hove for the NHS and in Private practice for the past 10 years. Clients have presented with clinical depression, general anxiety disorder , low esteem , grief , low and hypo arousal , inability to have a sexual relationships and other psychosexual organic and non-organic conditions.
I work with couples to resolve conflict and re-define the loving/sexual relationship that they now wish for.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Pre-Adoption fears
- Loneliness & Aloneness
- Grief & loss
- Bullying and Harassment
- Sexual and emotional Boundaries
- Sexual violence towards Women
- Sexual violence towards Men
- Sensual education
- Sexual diversity
- Shame & Desire
- Misuse of erotica/porn
- Male organic sexual dysfunctions
- Female organic sexual dysfunctions
- Infidelity (an end or a beginning)
- restrictive Sexual behaviours
- Intimacy & regeneration
- Bringing creativity into the sexual space
- Kink, Fetish and fantasies
Photos & videos
Couples Saturday morning £120
Individual session duration is 50 minutes.
Couples session duration is 75 minutes.
Individual session duration is 50 minutes.
Couple session duration is 50/60 minutes.
As a fair pay therapist i am open to discussion on low-cost fees for students and low-income households. Please make this clear when making contact for an assessment.
I specialise in Psychosexual and sexual trauma with single and coupled clients.
Psychosexual issues range from sexual identity to Low libido and erectile problematic behaviours to adverse use of erotic imagery. My client base is equally spread between male and female and non-binary clients.
Relationships are commonly affected by psychosexual and sexual issues.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions held in Central Brighton BN1 on Monday and Tuesdays 1pm to 9pm. Sessions held in London Wed/ Thur/Fri 11am till 9pm. Saturday Mornings 9AM-Noon London Only
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|