14 Evelyn Road
I understand that it can often be an anxious time when seeking help for our mental health. We often might have a specific problem we wish to address such as anxiety or depression or it might be that we aren't sure whats wrong but know that something is just not right. However we find ourselves in this place it can often feel very confusing and worrying. That is why I believe it is important to offer a warm and caring approach from the very beginning of this journey.
Although I am integratively trained, I work in a person centered way, walking alongside you and exploring with you rather than leading you or trailing behind. I am able to tentatively offer insight where it is appropriate. In this way I find that you can discover and explore things that might be scary or hard to face alone with support and empathy in a non-judgemental environment.
I am able to help address many different issues but I find that more and more I am working with clients struggling with anxiety and depression as well as anger management difficulties. I am also able to work with addiction, relationship problems as well as abuse of all kinds including sexual abuse.
I have spent 5 years training as a counsellor and have now been practicing for 3. As I am integratively trained I am able to tailor my counselling to suit you, using a variety of different approaches to focus on the issues you are finding difficult.
I am able to work long term or short term, depending on your needs and can also offer telephone counselling although an initial set up, face to face session is required.
I offer a free and confidential telephone consultation and a reduced cost initial assessment session which offers you the chance to meet me and find out about the process before committing.
Training, qualifications & experience
- D171 Introduction to Counselling
Northbrook College 2010 – 2014
- Level 2 Counselling
- Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Integrative Therapy and Counselling
Further Education and Courses:
- Anti-Discrimination Practice – 17th,24th,31st March 2004
- Children in Need of Protection – 22nd June 2004
- Sexual Health Training – 16th November 2004
- Positive Interventions – 25th, 26th November 2004
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care – Children and Young People – 29th June 2004
- First Aid, Including Paediatric First Aid – September 2014
- Personal Insights into Attachment Theory – 2014
- Counsellor at Emotional Support for Carers 2012 - current
I provide counselling to support carers from all walks of life to cope with their caring role. This often focuses on feelings of isolation and loss although other issues may arise which I am able to approach using a range of therapeutic interventions due to my training as an integratively trained counsellor. I work in a time-limited, solution-focused way within this charity and often find that although the underpinning of the work is psychotherapeutic, it is delivered in a person-centred way using cognitive-behavioural techniques.
- Surrey Drug and Alcohol Care
I provide one to one telephone counselling to people who are experiencing difficulties with addiction and would like to address this issue in their lives.Addiction can be a complex and difficult issue to tackle but through understanding how a person relates to the addiction and substance can often help to learn different ways to cope and behave. Again, as with before, I am able to do this using both a psycho-therapeutic approach combined with CBT which I have found to have a good success rate.
I have extensive experience with dealing with:
- Attachment/relationship issues
- Social anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Abuse; sexual, physical and emotional
- Low self esteem
- Anger management
- Personality disorders
- Feelings of being lost/wanting to address the direction your life is taking.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
I offer a no obligation,free and confidential telephone consultation so that you can ask any questions you have about me and the counselling process.
I offer a half price first session which allows people to come and see if 'we fit' and ask questions about the process and counselling. This costs £20.
My fixed fee per session is £40.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have a very flexible schedule. I am happy to work with you to find a time that suits. I currently have various times available throughout the week.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|