407 Broadstone Mill
I aim to always provide an honest, non-judgemental and confidential working relationship, and am committed to using the skills I have acquired to help you to reach the goals you want for yourself.
As a fully qualified and experienced counsellor I regularly work with individuals and couples to help cope when relationships are in crisis, anger management issues, mental and physical abuse situations, depression, anxiety, bereavement and loss, self harm and many other circumstances requiring assistance to reach a solution.
Returning to effective workplace activities following depression, anger issues or relationship issues etc. can be daunting and difficult. I endeavour to help speed the process in a safe and comfortable environment aiding clients to unravel thoughts and feelings to gain perspective and achieve the confidence to make the correct choices and enable changes to be made.
I work closely with adults with issues including self harm and anger management and a range of other issues.
I also offer couples counselling, working with family issues, separation and divorce, affairs and betrayals, couples counselling is also helpful for pre-nuptial counselling.
As an integrative counsellor, I draw on a variety of different counselling models to provide individual clients with a service to best suit individual needs for a particular situation.
Sessions are priced from £25 per hour for Individuals and from £40 per hour for Couples. I also offer sessions for counselling students and those on low incomes at a reduced rate, which can be negotiated.
I am a registered member of the BACP and currently work in private practice in addition to working in a busy GP practice in South Manchester.
Training, qualifications & experience
- ABC level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- ABC level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- ABC Diploma in Theory and Practice of Counselling
- Certificate in Couples & Relationship Counselling
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate in Supervision - Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy
Workshops and Ongoing Professional Development
- Introduction to Counselling for Bereavement and Loss
- Counsellor to Life Coach
- Anger Management Workshop
- Working With Challenging Teenagers
- Self-Harm Training
- Working Therapeutically With Children and Adolescents
- Culturally Adapted Counselling
- Self Harm and Young People
- Schizophrenia and Emerging Signs of Psychosis
- Child protection and Safeguarding Awareness
- Counselling Partners of Individuals Accused or Convicted of Sexual Abuse
- Mindfulness certificate
- What's wrong with Porn? The rising prevalence of sex and pornography addiction
I am a Registered Member of the BACP and work within their code of ethics.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling partners and family of Individuals Accused or Convicted of Sexual Abuse
Individual counselling for adults
Individual counselling for children aged 11+
Couples and relationship counselling
Photos & videos
Individual Introductory session (50 min) - £25
Individual Counselling sessions (50 min) - £35
Couples Introductory session (50 min) - £40
Couples Counselling sessions (75 min) £50
Concession - Contact me for details
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday, 10am to 7pm. Saturday 10am to 3pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a experienced and fully qualified Integrative counsellor and supervisor.View supervision profile