Jane Fortune Reg.MBACP (Accred)
01244 0341577 / 07540 942872
Based in Chester, Cheshire, I am a BACP registered accredited integrative counsellor.
I offer a compassionate and non-judgemental approach to addiction, recovery & harm reduction. I have over 11 years experience working with people who's lives have been/are being affected by substance use/misuse (including prescribed and over the counter medications); and in particular related problems such as unresolved grief, depression, anxiety, loss and change, PTSD, OCD, relationship problems and more.
Established in Chester, Cheshire I am trained in Person-Centred Counselling, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT).
I work with a number of Employee Assistance Providers to the private sector and Government departments.
Whether we meet face to face or online my aim is to provide clients with a safe and supportive space, and a relationship based on respect and compassion. I am committed to providing a service which is welcoming to people of all backgrounds, is supportive, non-judgemental and non-discriminatory. I offer commitment, honesty and utmost respect for every individual with whom I work.
My areas of experience include issues such as:
- substance misuse
- harm reduction
- psychedelic integration therapy
- generalised anxiety disorder
- relationship issues
- family issues
- sexuality (LGBTQI Affirmative)
- PTSD/trauma therapy
- domestic violence
- sexual violence
- transpersonal counselling
- psychedelic integration therapy
- and phobias.
My initial three years [1996-1999] of training and study established me in the Person Centred Approach. This has remained my core therapeutic approach. I draw from a range of interventions in order to provide the right support for each of my unique clients. I integrate theories and practice from mainly three types of therapy: Person-Centred - Cognitive Behavioural –Transactional Analysis. On request, or when deemed to offer therapeutic benefit, I will integrate Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) to specifically address the underlying energetic aspects of a problem.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip in Advanced Counselling Studies (BACP Accred Course)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mediation Practitioner Certificate
- Online Counselling Certificate
- EFT Practitioner Level 2
- D.A.N.O.S. Core Units
- Tier 1 Alcohol Brief Interventions Provider
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy - Membership No. 591468
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies – Membership No. 050173
- AAMET international - Membership No. 1209009
Theoretical Models & Skills:
- Person-Centred Approach
- Transactional Analysis
- Emotional Freedom Techniques
- Group Work
As an accredited BACP member and registrant I am committed to safe and ethical practice, and as a member of the associations listed I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice and Professional Conduct. The counselling (including online) and Energy Therapies I provide are covered by Professional Liability Insurance and are subject to UK Law.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Emotional Freedom Techniques - commonly abbreviated to EFT - is a modern and growing form of personal therapy and healing. EFT can be effective for various purposes, including self-development, attitude and behaviour development, resolving personal problems, reducing stress and restoring life balance. The Emotional Freedom Techniques concept was developed in the US in the 1990’s by Gary Craig. EFT roots are in acupuncture, kinesiology and psychology. EFT is now spreading very rapidly in the in the UK, where the concept is now used in some specialist areas of the National Health Service.
Gary Craig's EFT discovery statement asserts that: "The cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body's energy system." He believes that "our unresolved negative emotions are major contributors to most physical pains and diseases."
Some people do like to find out more about the theory, while others are happy simply to have their problem resolved. If you would like to know more please visit http://www.emofree.com/eft/whatiseft.html
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Counselling/CBT: Individual £40.00 per hr - Couple: £60 per hr
I offer 10% discount to clients who present with their Charisma Card (Chester Residents Card) on all sessions.
Live chat - Secure video or audio - FaceTime £40 hr - Email Counselling: £35 per 2-way email exchange
EFT: £40.00 per hr
Payment options: Cash, PayPal, Maestro, MasterCard, Bitcoin (20% off all session fees with Bitcoin payments)
1. In preparation for the changes being made to the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) either late this year or early in 2016; when the DPA will be superseded by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), I am no longer offering online counselling sessions using Skype Video or Skype Instant Messaging. As of today 31/08/2015, I will continue to provide these services via Plus Guidance. Your privacy and safety is important to me.
Plus Guidance is a secure platform which already complies with the security requirements of the new regulation, and is also HIPAA complaint (for those clients living within the USA). To book an online session with me please go to https://plusguidance.com/janef to check out my availability. Alternatively, you can ring me, or contact me by email, if you feel unsure of what to do and I will guide you through the very easy process. If you can login to Facebook you can login to Plusguidance.com. That's how easy it is.
2. Anyone wishing to access counselling/psychotherapy exclusively to address substance addiction/dependence will, if their substance is alcohol or opiates, be expected to self -refer to their own GP for a health check and/or prescribed reduction or detox off their substance. Sudden withdrawal from alcohol can be fatal without medical supervision.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri: Face to Face or Online 24 hours. Weekends: Saturday 8.00 - 1.00 pm / Sunday: Closed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer one-to-one Supervision/Case Work Consultancy to both qualified therapist and counsellors in training* on a BACP accredited training course.View supervision profile