Jane Blake MBACP
It is normal for everyone to feel that they are struggling to cope from time to time & from my own personal experience as a client, I know full well that it takes real courage to seek support. If you are experiencing problems which are interfering with your ability to cope with life & relationships, & if you are feeling stuck, I may be able to help.
I am a compassionate & grounded counsellor qualified to work with adults, young people & children. I have been privileged to have seen clients of a wide age range, each with their own unique history & difficulties & I value individuality. I work sensitively from a range of theoretical perspectives, adapting my approach to best suit your needs. I provide a safe non-judgemental space where you are welcomed & invited to talk at your own pace about any of your concerns, however large or small they may seem to you. This is a place where you are fully accepted & can just be 'you' with confidence! Reflecting together on your history may clarify why difficulties have emerged. An increased self-awareness may enable you to accept yourself as you truly are. Discovering hidden strengths within yourself may allow you to face the future with a newfound confidence.
I also work creatively with music if putting your experiences into words is too challenging, either actively or receptively (listening) following further training in receptive music therapy.
In my eyes counselling is a collaborative process built on respect & deep trust & I regularly check that I am working in a way that is comfortable & beneficial to you.
My single aim is to empower you & help you live your life in a fulfilling way with the maximum sense of purpose & balance.
I am able to offer sessions in Appledore, Bideford & Barnstaple.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) & abide by its Code of Ethics.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Guided Imagery & Music (GIM) Level 1, Eastbourne House Arts, London
- Post qualifying Diploma Counselling Children & Adolescents, Iron Mill, Exeter
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling L4 cpcab (BACP Accredited), Towerhouse
- Understanding Autism ncfe Level 2
- Understanding Substance Misuse ncfe Level 2
- Safeguarding Group 2, Young Devon
- ATCL Music, Trinity College
- Autism & Anxiety disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Introduction to Art Therapy
- Mindfulness & Self-regulation Strategies
- Behaviour Therapy
- Digital Media & Young People
- Moving & Being: Exploring creative ways of being in relationship to self & client
- Creativity for well being
- Sexual Abuse - dealing with disclosures
- Introduction to Psychodrama
- Private clients
- Counsellor, Assessor & Student Mentor - Clarity, Barnstaple
- Counsellor - NDADA, North Devon Against Domestic Abuse, Barnstaple
- Counsellor - Young Devon, Barnstaple
- Counsellor - WAND phone helpline, Barnstaple.
- Communication support worker for students with hearing loss & behavioural difficulties
- Facilitator of therapeutic Talking Group for adults with anxiety & depression
- Facilitator of therapeutic Music Group for adults with communication difficulties
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
I offer a free initial 30 minute session.
Subsequent sessions last 50 mins & cost £35. Concessions are discretionary.
I am able to offer counselling sessions in Appledore, Barnstaple & Bideford.
Availabilty - flexible timetable between Monday - Friday,
weekends & early evening appointments by arrangement
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client