James Melvin MBACP
- Finding it hard to cope with difficult emotions?
- Feeling low or unmotivated?
- Relationship or family difficulties?
- Problems at work?
What can I offer you? Time and space for you to talk. A supportive environment where you can think and feel. A collaborative relationship where we work together to help you towards a better understanding of yourself.
I offer therapy that is aimed to give you more self-awareness, improved well-being and the platform for positive change. We can work on specific goals that you set, or talk more generally. I try to understand you and your life experiences and be supportive, non-judgemental and empathic.
My approach I trained as an integrative counsellor, which means that I can draw on different psychological theories that include person-centred, humanistic and psychodynamic approaches. This means that I can offer a flexible approach based on your unique needs.
Counselling children and young people I also offer counselling for children aged 10 and upwards. I work with children both privately and at a school in North Bristol. I am experienced in counselling children, particularly boys, with a wide range of presenting issues, that might include emotional difficulties or problems at home or at school. I offer the same warm, safe and confidential space when working with children as I do with adults.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling at The Univeristy of the West of England (UWE)
This course is accredited by the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Certificate in Counselling at the City of Bristol College
- Member of the BACP and I adhere to their Ethical Framework and Code of Conduct
Short courses include:
- Bereavement (CRUSE bereavement care)
- Working with Addiction (The Swan Project)
- Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes (The Orchard Foundation)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Initial consultation is FREE
- Each 50 minute session is £35
- Six sessions paid for in advance: 10% off
- I also offer limited places at reduced rates for those on a low wage
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 8.00am-8.00pm