The George Hurd Centre
You have that fluttering feeling in your stomach again, your heart is pounding in your chest and you're breathing is really shallow. You constantly have a feeling of forbidding, like the world could come crashing down upon your shoulders. Your at breaking point, worried about being out of control and no longer able to cope. Your to embarrassed to talk with your family, friends or partner because you don’t want to be a burden and you know that they have their own problems. However, you know that when you bottle things up in this way the pressure gets so bad that sometimes it feels like your head is going to explode. I know you're so tired and sick of being on edge all the time. You try so hard to keep everyone else happy, but it's making you feel miserable inside. Your mind is filled with thoughts that crowd everything else out… Oh, what’s wrong with me? Am I loosing my mind? Why am I such a mess?
I know that having anxiety isn’t easy. I want you to have the self-acceptance, confidence and calmness to handle the challenges which life throws your way. And I have some good news for you. What I know is that there are some proven strategies to support you in finding yourself again. And you don’t need to do it alone.
Hi, my name is James and I’d like to see if I can help you in reducing your anxiety so you can start smiling again — and sooner rather than later. Please contact me via the details provided above and lets get you started, you’ll be so glad you did.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited diploma in Counselling (2012), The Gestalt Centre, London
- Post-graduate Diploma in Gestalt Therapy (2017), London Metropolitan University.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
£20 for the first consultation
£40 for subsequent consultation
Discount available for student counsellors
Here are a few frequently asked questions that my clients have had in the past:
Will I be judged?
No. I can offer you a safe space which is free from judgements and where you are encouraged to be yourself. My attitude towards working with you emphasises acceptance, empathy, authenticity and compassion.
How can regular consultations help me?
My clients have found that weekly sessions with me have helped in numerous ways.
- They’ve had a space to unburden their problems and get things off their chests
- They’ve developed more acceptance and compassion for themselves which increases their sense of calm and security
- They’ve found new solutions, insights, realisations and outlooks
- They’ve experimented with different tools, strategies and techniques until they have found one that works for them.
- They’ve re-connected with who they really are and discovered the inner resources to overcome their challenges.
What if you tell me that there is no hope or I can't be helped?
I understand that at times things can feel pretty bleak and low, where it seems like nothing is going your way. However, I believe that there is always hope. I also think that if you decide I’m not the right person for you, then there is someone that can offer you the help that you are looking for.
How do I start?
Contact me today using the details above and book an initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Various daytime and evening sessions available, please enquire
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|