Jamal Ansari - MBACP, MA, ACMA
0161 747 5925 / 07500 626528
I believe that if you feel uneasy or depressed, it is perfectly alright to seek help from somebody who understands your issues, is friendly, caring and non-judgemental. I am a professionally qualified and experienced counsellor who will facilitate you and empower you to achieve your goals in life.
Above all, when you are with me you will feel that you are listened to. This is the starting point of a successful therapy.
I provide my services to clients of all ages. I specialise in following issues among others that I deal with and listed at the end of my profile.
- low self esteem
- loss and bereavement.
I offer the following therapies:
- Person Centered: This therapy is mostly non directive and allows clients freedom to remain in control of the session.My role is to listen to you and facilitate you in discovering ways to overcome challenges you are facing in life.
- Integrative: This therapy incorporates elements of Person Centered, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)and Gestalt and is interactive.My role here is again, is to facilitate. This technique involves challenging and some times asking for evidence for thoughts and beliefs that you may be having.Through this technique you can see woods from trees.
- Mindfulness: This technique is based on mediation and self realisation through mindfulness practice which leads to a peaceful mind and body.You feel relaxed and should start looking at the life more positively.
- End of therapy: I believe if our therapeutic relationship is based on respect and genuineness you should feel fulfilled and relaxed.
My language skills include:
“Thank you so much for helping me these past few months. I can now feel happy enough to take back my life and not wrecked by guilt. You have helped me see my fears and anxieties and helped me to overcome them"
"Just wanted to say a big thank you for helping me through difficult times.you have been great"
"After talking Jamal I have felt so much better within myself, coming to terms with what has happened and now I feel more confident about moving on"
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified Person Centered Therapist and a member of the BACP.
I am currently studying Post Graduate Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) at University Of Salford.
Over the years I have been seeing clients with various issues which make their life unpleasant and traumatic.
I believe that my training and experience will make significant difference to you when dealing with whatever life throws at you.
My finance and management skills and experience are valuable, as I can see your issues such as debts. Money issues can cause untold misery and distress and I feel I can facilitate you to resolve such issues. I previously worked as a Chartered Accountant in various industries for over 25 years, and I am also familiar with workplace stress and anxiety. I would be happy to listen you to work through such issues.
I have chosen Counselling as my communication skills and getting into frame of reference of people, were key in my success and rise to senior management positions. I have successfully transferred these attributes to my counselling practice.
Secondly by nature, I am an amenable person who respects others and this quality again has been very useful in my relationship with my clients.
I adhere strictly to the BACP code of ethics when delivering my counselling services.
I am always attending courses and training sessions like mindfulness to equip myself with the latest knowledge and skills to help you.
- Issue of the month: Anger
Contrary to belief anger is a normal condition and feeling angry is a healthy emotion, so long it is under control.
Overcoming or controlling anger is also simple and easy like breathing out more then breathing in at the time of anger.This is one of many techniques to curb anger and feel relieved.
Controlling anger will also ease other serious conditions that may follow if it remains remains unchecked.
I will be able to provide environment of active listening and non judgmental attitude for you to succeed.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Work life balance
I charge £30 per session of one hour but will give discount based on financial circumstances.
First session of half an hour will be at 50% of full price. The first session is devoted to get to know each other as equal partners.We will discuss your goals from therapy and how can I facilitate you in achieving them.
Appointments on Saturday mornings can be arranged with a fee of £40.
If paid as a lump sum in advance for 6 sessions, a 10% discount will apply.
To continue sessions or otherwise ,will be mutually decided between you and me based on the progress you have made or likelihood of positive outcome for YOU.
I offer multiple choice of languages if English is not your first language.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Arabic and other South Asian languages.|
I offer 6 sessions initially on weekly basis. Appointments are available on weekdays in the afternoon and early evenings except on Wednesdays. Saturday morning sessions can also be arranged.
Types of client