Jade Byford BSc Hons Integrative, MBACP (Accred) FdA Person Centred, Supervisor
How I work
My practice is in Elm Park, not far from Elm Park underground station, with good transport links to Romford, Upminster, Rainham, Thurrock and Barking & Dagenham. There is ample free parking.
Here’s what to expect when you first contact me:
- I will respond promptly, by email, text or phone; whichever you prefer.
- If you are then interested in meeting me I will offer you a FREE consultation.
- In our first meeting I will ask you some questions about yourself and you will have the opportunity to discuss your reasons for seeking counselling and what you want to achieve from it.
- Once we have met you can decide how you want to proceed.
What to expect from our sessions:
- I will listen to you without judgement and in confidence and help you to gain understanding around your feelings and behaviours, as I have gained a wealth of knowledge with neuroscience.
- We will work on your goals for counselling together.
- If you feel it is helpful for you I am also trained in art therapy, relaxation and mindfulness techniques and meditation as well as talking.
- I can help you experimentally find and use alternative behaviours and strategies through CBT techniques that I am skilled in which will give you better coping tools and life skills.
- I will help you reflect upon and understand your feelings and thoughts through a variety of different counselling skills, helping you to get to know yourself better and improve your relationships with yourself and those close to you.
Counselling is a unique type of relationship and creates the opportunity for you to gain insight and understanding in a safe and supportive space through talking and being fully heard and not judged. Therapy works best through an accepting, supportive, challenging and safe relationship with the aim to help you move forward in life with a more positive and healthier approach.
We will look at how we can use our time together to help you gain different perspectives with your present concerns. If we both feel that working together feels right for you we can negotiate either working long-term or short-term (6 weeks). If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call or email me. Remember I am here to help.
THE COUNSELLING ROOM
Your counselling room has a warm welcoming fire place, a big cosy soft armchair and cushions, is light and spacious and as many clients have informed me has a very positive healing energy where you will feel safe and instantly at ease.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an Accredited Member of the BACP
I have a level 2 certificate in Counselling skills;
Foundation Degree in Person Centred Counselling
BSc Hons Degree Integrative Counselling
Certificate in Clinical Supervision
Facilitate supervision groups
Author in Bereavement Research
Training & Certificate in Couples Counselling
Training & Certificate in play therapy/ arts therapy.
Fully trained in CBT, Focusing Therapy, Mindfulness, Person Centred & Integrative Practice.
Training with PTSD.
Training in self-harming.
I am a successful publisher researching the issues surrounding bereavement.
I hold full insurance and am CRB checked to an enhanced level. I have an Honorary Degree level qualification in Psychotherapy & Counselling .This means I am a counsellor highly trained in personal therapeutic work. Where a majority of counsellors have had a lot less significant training, I have had 5 years training in Counselling & Psychotherapy.
I am a fully trained and highly qualified Accredited counsellor and supervisor, registered with the BACP which demonstrates a superior level of training and expertise as verified by the BACP. I have a very successful private practice alongside many years experience working with a charitable organisation based in Hornchurch, Essex as a Senior Counsellor offering supervision groups and providing counselling. I specialise in Bereavement counselling, and have many years experience working with a variety of adult issues including;
- people who have attempted suicide or have suicidal thoughts,
- people who have suffered trauma,
- people with depression and anxiety and OCD,
- people in troubled relationships,
- people who have been sexually or emotionally abused,
- people recovering from an unhealthy abusive relationship/childhood,
- women with miscarriage and termination issues,
- people who have suffered loss, loss of hope, and bereavement,
- people with work related problems, bullying,
- people who self-harm,
- people with a diagnosis from a former health professional.
- People suffering with long-term health issues.
I have many years experience working with children’s needs as I am working as a school counsellor in many schools in Havering. I also offer couples therapy. I am fully trained as an Integrative therapist having the flexibility to offer a wide range of extensive counselling interventions tailoring therapy around your unique individual concerns. As a qualified supervisor I also offer Integrative supervision which again I will tailor to your specific developmental and clients needs.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
All fees are negotiable according to personal financial circumstances and start from £25. FREE consultation. Supervision rates start at £35 per hour and half. Please email me for a personal quote.
I am also professionally registered with Axa PPP Healthcare.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and daytime and home visits
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a fully qualified supervisor having been trained on a course endorsed by the BACP.View supervision profile