15 Hornbeam Square
Isle Of Wight
Jacky Smith MSc, BABCP Accredited, CBT Therapist, Accredited EMDR Consultant, BACP Accredited Counsellor, REBT Accredited Therapist & PhD Student Worcester University, specialising in treating:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Phobias / Agoraphobia
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Panic Disorder
- Road Traffic Accident Incidents
- Sexual Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Domestic Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Complex Trauma
- Personality Disorders
Cognitize Offers a range of therapies:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
Many people experience a range of difficulties & challenges throughout their lives and are often able to resolve these on their own or with help of family & friends. However for those times when extra help is required Cognitize can offer a range of therapies to help clients resolve their problems & achieve their goals in life.
Training, qualifications & experience
Jacky Smith MSc has a Masters of Science degree in Rational-Emotive & Cognitive Behaviour Therapy from Goldsmiths, University of London & is currently a PhD student at Worcester University studying Intensive EMDR. She also qualified with a Diploma in Hypnotherapy in 1997, EMDR levels 1 & 2 in 1998 & 1999 and is an Accredited EMDR Consultant. She obtained a Diploma in Counselling in 1999 and began her private practice in Alton & then in Four Marks, Hampshire.
From 2003-2008 Jacky worked as a counsellor for Hampshire County Council seeing a wide range of clients. From October 2008 - June 2009 Jacky was an assistant teacher & assistant supervisor on the MSc in Rational-Emotive & Cognitive Behaviour Therapy at Goldsmiths, University of London. Jacky worked as a Cognitive Behaviour Therapist & EMDR therapist at the North London Priory Hospital from March 2009-October 2009 until moving to work within the NHS on the Isle of Wight where she is now based as an CBT Therapist & EMDR Consultant as well as seeing private clients at Cognitize in Ryde, Isle of Wight.
- An accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy), number 569094
- An accredited EMDR Europe Approved Consultant with EMDR UK & Ireland (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing), membership number S124
- An accredited Member of BABCP (British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies), number 060020
- An accredited Member of the AREBT (Association of Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy), number 0056.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Payments can be paid by cash, or card or through electronic banking (cheques are not accepted). Cognitize also request that you pay your bill when you attend for treatment, or before if by electronic banking.
Individual 1 hour sessions via telephone, Skype or face to face are:
- £50 per session (for private paying individuals)
- £70 per session (for Medico legal companies/Insurance firms/solicitors)
To make an appointment please phone 07793198447
It is important that sessions are regular, usually at a frequency of once a week. Missed or cancelled sessions are chargeable, in fairness to all our clients and therapists.
No fee will be applied if cancellation is received 24 hours or more prior to appointment time and less than 24 hours will incur a 100% charge, as will missed appointments.
All therapists are required to have professional supervision and have professional indemnity insurance. Cognitize also offers individual supervision to external therapists and student therapists seeking professional supervision. Supervision for Counselling, CBT, REBT & EMDR is available. Cost - £50 per session either face to face, telephone or Skype.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|