Ivama Zavina-Newman PG Ad Prof Dip PC, MBACP, MNCS (Accred)
2 Nant Terrace
Sir Ynys Mon
29 Lloyd Street
My journey to psychotherapy and counselling began 20 years ago when I started working as an intuitive energy healer. I have always been interested in deeper aspects of life and my searching for life's meaning led me to explore spiritual dimensions, meditation and philosophies.
During this period of intensive soul searching and personal development I completed additional courses on mindfulness, meditation and yoga therapy and started working with individuals and groups as a wellbeing coach. In 2012 due to the in-depth nature of my work I felt the need to study psychology in greater depth which resulted in me completing an advanced diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling in 2016.
I believe that my experience in both fields of spirituality and psychology has given me a unique opportunity to see each person as a whole with body-mind and soul being one and I am able to utilise this principle during my counselling work with clients. I describe myself as an Integrative Counsellor and draw on the variety of theoretical models to suit the needs of my clients and their specific issues.
How Counselling can help you
- You will have an opportunity to talk about your troubles with someone who is not involved in your personal life.
- You will be guided and encouraged to find your own answers.
- You may acquire different perspective and find new ways of looking at your problems.
- You may start facing your difficulties with more strengths and less anxiety.
- You may take more control of your life and make positive and constructive decisions.
What do I specialise in?
My areas of specialty include depression, stress, anxiety, developmental life changes, bereavement, trauma, self-harm, addictions, eating disorders, abuse, postnatal depression, adolescent depression (16+).
Confidential Professional Setting
The sessions are held in a confidential setting where you can discuss your issues or life dilemmas within safe environment.
Group Counselling and Depression Management training
As well as running my private counselling practice I also work as a course trainer and counsellor for a leading charity specialising in helping people combat depression.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2015-2016
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling - 2013-2014
- Diploma in Progressive Counselling - 2005-2008
- Train the Trainer, Agored Cymru - 2015
- Mental Health 1st Aid - 2010
- EPP Cymru Trainer - 2012
- Mindfulness and Meditation Trainer - 2008
- Diploma in Yoga & Relaxation - 2007
- CertED (UWE) - 2004
- Certificate in Energy Healing - 1998
MNCS Accred (National Counselling Society)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also work with the following: recurring issues with relationships, coping with partner with narcissistic or borderline personality disorder, being a long-term carer, feeling stuck and unfulfilled, looking for deeper answers, living with chronic pain, wishing to learn relaxation and meditation.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
All Sessions are 50 minutes
- £45 - Individuals
- £60 - Couples
- £35 - Telephone
- £35 - F/T students
- £35 - Concessions
How can I pay for my sessions?
- By Bank Transfer- Fees for the first session following the initial assessment would need to be settled via bank transfer to confirm the booking. Subsequent fees are to be made one day before or by 8am the latest on the day of the session.
- By Cash or Cheque - Fees for the first session would need to be paid via cheque prior to the commencement of the session. Subsequent fees are to be paid by cash or cheque at the beginning of each session.
- PayPal option is coming soon.
Please note any late cancellations (less than 24 hours) are subject to our cancellation policy. You can discuss it in more detail with me during our telephone consultation.
What will happen during my first session?
Prior to the first face to face session I offer free telephone assessment to see if I can help you.
You can contact me via the phone or e-mail, please leave your name and telephone number. I will get back to you usually within 24 hours. At the end of mini-assessment we would agree on our first meeting.
The number of subsequent session would depend on the nature of the issue or problem and it is usually agreed with the client during the first face-to face contact. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays 9am - 2pm Thursdays 9am-7pm Fridays 9-2pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|