Isobel McGill MBACP (Reg) Dip Integrative counselling, Dip CBT
The Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre
215A Lisburn Road
I am a qualified registered counsellor working in the Belfast and Bangor areas. I provide a confidential and safe space for you to explore any unresolved issues past or present. Through the use of talking therapies and the therapeutic space, it is hoped that you will develop a better understanding of yourself and find more healthy, helpful ways to manage.
What can you expect?
An Initial assessment session will be offered to you so that you can come and meet with me. This will give you a sense of what it would be like to work in this safe, confidential environment. During this time you will have space to discuss what your concerns maybe, ask questions and think about how you feel therapy may help you. From this point we can decide together how to proceed. Short and long term therapy are available.
Training, qualifications & experience
* Adv Diploma Cognitive behaviour therapy CBT-L5
* Adv Diploma Psychotherapeutic counselling PC-l5 (training).
* Diploma Integrative therapeutic counselling TC- L4
(Psychodynamic based integrating person centred)
* Cert counselling studies
* Cert counselling skills
* Assist trained
* Cert safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
* Working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
* Cert Mental health awareness
* Working with addictions L3
* VSS Co-ordinator training for befrienders.
As part of my professional development i continue to train and deepen my knowledge in different areas.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£40 per 50 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible, Day and night appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|