Debbie Petherick Registered MBACP (Accred)
202 Peverell Park Road
Clients come to counselling for many reasons and talking with someone unconnected with the situation can often be very helpful in gaining perspective on issues which are currently causing concern. When exploring these issues together, you can then assess what best suits your needs to create new patterns of behaviour and relationships.
What counselling offers
- A therapeutic relationship which is centred on your needs.
- A safe space to explore difficult feelings, gain awareness and understanding of your concerns and generate personal change.
- A non-judgemental environment which can help develop confidence and a greater sense of wellbeing.
- New coping mechanisms and/or ways of dealing with conflicts.
I offer one to one counselling with a focus on:
- Bereavement and loss
- Separation from family members in childhood through going to boarding school, being in care or parents divorcing
- Depression, stress and anxiety
- Higher Education issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Personal growth
Training, qualifications & experience
Continuing Professional Development ensures that my practice remains current.
1. Practitioner Certificate in Affective Neuroscience and Attachment Theory (2017), Psychology Matters in collaboration with Westcountry Association of Counselling (Dagmar Edwards)
2. Diploma in Supervision (2016) (Advanced Specialist Training Status, The National Counselling Society) Ken Rabone, Safe Space for Counselling
3. BA (Hons) in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling (2015), Peter Symonds College, Winchester
4. Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling (2011), Iron Mill Institute, Exeter
As a registered accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk ) including boundaries around confidentiality.
Workshops and lectures include:
1. Complications of Bereavement, Causes, Management and Wider Implications facilitated by Dr Colin Murray Parkes (2016)
2. An Introduction to Personality Adaptations facilitated by Dr Cathy McQuaid (2014)
3. Anger, Rage and Relationship facilitated by Sue Parker-Hall (2014)
4. Boarding School Experience facilitated by Nick Duffell, Joy Schaverien & Helena Løvendal-Duffell (2011)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
It is important to feel comfortable with your counsellor so during the initial session we explore how counselling may help you and what you may expect from counselling. This session also gives you a sense of what it is like to work with me in a calm, confidential setting and provides time to raise any concerns you might have before you decide to continue.
I offer long or short term one to one counselling sessions depending on your issues and needs.
Sessions will normally be charged at £40 per hour to include the initial session.
If you have any circumstances where meeting these costs might be difficult, please speak to me as I have a limited number of concessionary places.
Evening sessions are also available.
My therapy room is in Peverell and free parking is available in the area. There are several main bus routes to Peverell.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I understand that some clients may experience difficulty in accessing counselling during the day and therefore I also offer early evening sessions.
Types of client