The Charterhouse Clinic
98 Crawford Street
Chelsea Natural Health Clinic
208 Fulham Road
I am a psychologist, counsellor and psychotherapist, HCPC and BACP registered, with several years' experience working extensively with adult and adolescent patients and using a Cognitive Behavioural approach.
I am currently working as a private therapist in Central London: Marylebone, Chelsea and Liverpool Street (W1, SW10 and EC2M).
My career has always been driven by my strong passion for mental health issues and support to people.
As a psychotherapist, I have gained experience working on issues related to anxiety, stress, low mood, low self esteem, problems in relationships and attachment, parenting and pregnancy, anger and sleep problems.
I am well aware that seeking help or therapy is not always an easy decision. Most of the times this very decision implies undertaking a process of reflection which will eventually lead to an awareness that something feels off or that simply is not as we would like it to be, or that there may be an emotional discomfort and suffering that we should deal with.
Psychotherapy often represents a tool to better deal with the important and delicate moment in which we come to terms with who we are.
Therefore if you have any question or doubt, please feel free to contact me before booking a session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post-graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (4 years) at Studi Cognitivi, Milan, Italy;
- MSc in Clinical Psychology at Universita' Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy;
- BA in Psychological Sciences at Universita' Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy.
I have collaborated as a psychologist and research assistant in the Psychiatric Department of Fatebenefratelli and Ophthalmic Hospital in Milan and I carried out my university internships in the Sleep Disorders Unit and Neuropsychology Unit at San Raffaele Hospital in Milan.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- psychophysiological insomnia;
- coping with narcolepsy;
- coping with a diagnosed sleep disorder.
I charge £90 per session.
Limited concessionary rates are available for students and patients on a low income. Feel free to contact me for further information.
- Passive, aggressive or assertive?
- Comfort zone: In or out?
- The burden of dealing with health loss
- Trapped among worries and rumination, but where is the here-and-now?
- How intolerance of uncertainty makes you anxious
- Six traps that foster your anxiety
- The importance of taking care of our relationships
- Depression: a few false myths
- Fear of flying?
- Psychotherapy and emotions labelling
- Relaxation techniques, a powerful ally against anxiety
- What to expect from the first session of therapy
- Young adults: the importance of seeking help
- Looking into social anxiety
- Being a caregiver: but who will take care of me?
- Why intimacy stirs up conflictual emotions
- Autumn blues: are you back?
- Women and depression: A complicated relationship
- Communicating: why sometimes is it so tricky?
- When a distressful thought becomes an obsession: OCD
- Seven cognitive shortcuts that may worsen your problems
- Sadness and depression: When do you really cross the line?
- The not-so-imaginary invalid: What is health anxiety?
- Understanding the symptoms of anxiety
- Irritable bowels: can psychotherapy help?
- Working mothers: when guilt becomes too much
- How to survive a criticising partner or parent
- Why change can be so scary?
- Overeating as a coping mechanism: Binge eating disorder
- Bereavement: Maria’s experience
- The night’s worst enemy: insomnia
- Emotions, hello strangers!
- Life on a swing: Sharing life with the bipolar disorder
- I am how you want me to be: when complacency comes too easy
- The first panic attack is hard to forget
I deliver therapy through Skype, if clinically appropriate and depending on my patients' specific cases and needs.
I am a provider with WPA, Aviva, VitalityHealth, Cigna HealthCare and Allianz Worldwide Care.
Personal website: www.ilariatedeschi.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IlariaTedeschiLondon
Linkedin profile: uk.linkedin.com/in/ilariatedeschipsychotherapist
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Italian, French|
Available for sessions from Monday to Friday until 9 pm.
Types of client