96 Moray Road
01216667707 (Birmingham) / 0207 272 7906 (London)
At icap we provide counselling and psychotherapy to those affected by severe attachment trauma. This trauma can stem from early and late abuse, deprivation and neglect, and can show itself in various ways - anxiety, depression, self harm, relationship problems. We have a particular history and expertise in working with members of the Irish community, and with those who have been traumatised in institutions, but we also share our expertise with those who come from other communities.
We have two clinical centres – London and the West Midlands. We also provide therapy at partner organisations, and through our network of therapists across Britain. Every month our highly qualified therapists see over 200 people.
Training, qualifications & experience
icap is well recognised as a provider of high quality psychotherapy, with particular expertise of working with the Irish community in Britain, and with adults who were abused in childhood. icap is described in Therapy Today as a ‘successful, recognised and respected part of the professional psychotherapeutic services throughout the UK.’
All our therapists are highly qualified and experienced. All are BACP/UKCP accredited, with a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience, and carry all necessary professional insurance. They practise under regular clinical supervision, and regularly access our highly regarded professional training days. We have 20 therapists working in our purpose built London centre, 10 in our Birmingham centre, and a network of around a hundred therapists across the rest of Britain.
Details of upcoming training events can be found on the icap website www.icap.org.uk
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
We charge what people can afford. This can range from £2 to £70 per session. If you cannot afford anything you can still get therapy from us. If you have had contact with the Redress Board in Ireland, you are entitled to free psychotherapy
Some quotes from icap's clients
- “icap has helped me to function in the world. Without this support I would be lost.”
- “I feel very safe and understood!”
- “When I first came to icap I felt like a compost heap but from that compost heap I am beginning to bud into a vibrant, strong stemmed rose and I am very grateful for that.”
- “The best counselling experience I have ever had!”
- “It is difficult to put into words how much I have benefited from coming to icap. They are kind, empathetic, and non-judgmental. They do tremendous work.”
- “I have gained a better understanding of my unconscious and how it links with my issues.”
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|