Dr. Ian Jones, M.B.A.C.P.
- I am a well-qualified and experienced professional counsellor in private practice in Margate, offering completely confidential, open-minded and non-judgemental one-to-one counselling for a wide range of personal issues.
- I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP), and work within its ethical guidelines. I have been awarded the BACP Certificate of Proficiency, recognised by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care. I am fully insured, with regular clinical supervision and professional updates.
- Please visit my website - (just click the link above) - for further details of my therapeutic approach, fees, and an online booking form.
- Alternatively, you can text me on 07702 464708 or email me directly from this page using the link above.
- I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
B.Ed., Dip.Ed., M.A., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
BACP Certificate of Proficiency
I have previously worked with clients in university and college settings, at an NHS clinic, for a youth counselling service, at a natural therapy centre, and privately.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a particular interest in inter-cultural issues, and strongly welcome clients from minority ethnic backgrounds.
- My normal fee is £45 per one-hour session.
- I offer potential new clients a one-off initial 90-minute consultation for just £30. This extended first session is a low-cost opportunity to meet, discuss issues and goals, and ask questions - and does not commit you to further sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
A new counselling/psychotherapy practice in central Margate. Enquiries welcome - please see website for further information.
Types of client