Hull And East Riding Counselling
406 Southcoates Lane
East Riding Of Yorkshire
01482 376335 / 07950 885369 & 07939 046620
Hull and East Riding Counselling is operated by Eileen Gleeson Dale and Caroline Crompton and we are both BACP Accredited counsellors and qualified supervisors and together have more than 22 years of experience of delivering counselling and counselling supervision. We are both experienced in delivering counselling on both a time limited basis or open ended basis. We share a similar work ethic in that we work hard and are committed to the provision of a safe, ethical counselling practice.
We both have separate and joint experience of managing teams of counsellors and our management experience includes the monitoring and evaluating of outcomes. We have a trusted network of qualified and experienced counsellors who work with us.
Counselling and Psychotherapy Service
At Hull and East Riding Counselling our confidential services are available for:-
- Adults : Counselling can help us engage more positively with life’s challenges, helping us to find meaning and purpose. It encourages clarity of thought and the potential to break free from outworn patterns and responses that have become habitual.
- Couples : You may wish to explore current difficulties or issues that have been an under-current in your relationship for some time. Perhaps you have already made the decision to separate and wish to have the space to explore future arrangements.
- Young people aged 14 years and upwards : Sometimes understanding what happens to us in life can leave us feeling overwhelmed and it can be helpful to speak with an adult outside of your friends and family who is specially trained in listening.
- We are on Southcoates Lane between Alexandra Court and opposite the East Hull Fire Station. We do not have our own parking although there is ample car parking on the street. Along with offering counselling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples and groups, we also provide clinical supervision and as well as personal development and CPD workshops. For further information please see our website www.hullandeastridingcounselling.co.uk
- Magnolia House is open from 9.30 am to 5.30 five days a week for counselling/psychotherapy appointments. Out of hours appointments can be arranged.
Training, qualifications & experience
At Hull and East Riding Counselling we have qualified counsellors/psychotherapists who are either BACP registered and/or accredited counsellors/psychotherapists who are fully insured and who practice from Magnolia House.
All our therapists are trained and qualified in a variety of modalities, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Integrative Therapy
- Person Centred
- Transactional Analysis
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Brief Therapy
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
Fees start from £35.00 upwards and are agreed upon discussion.
CPD Workshops and supervision
Continuing Professional Development (CPD Workshops)
Hull and East Riding Counselling offer a range of opportunities to gain continuing professional development for counsellors, psychotherapists, clinical supervisors and other professionals and trainees working in the field of human relations.
If you are on the BACP Register for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, please go to our website www.hullandeastridingcounselling.co.uk as we may have some information that may interest you.
At Hull and East Riding Counselling, we offer a clinical supervision service for counsellors and psychotherapists. We are qualified supervisors and experienced in working with qualified and trainee counsellors and psychotherapists. We use a process model which enables us to work with all therapists, regardless of their modality.
We also have experience of providing clinical supervision to other professionals and individuals working in the ‘caring field’. Perhaps you work in a one-to-one or group environment with clients and service users. Supervision can be supportive by providing you with a space to reflect and review your work and the impact it has on you.
Clinical supervision can be facilitated on either an individual or group basis and typically is of a frequency of one session per month, or as required.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|