Hope Marshall Accredited MBACP
Roy Fletcher Centre
17, Cross Hill
01654 702878 / 07805 650797
My background is in mental health nursing, before training as a professional Accredited counsellor. I believe the experience I have enables me to use compassion and evidence based practice to deliver a sensitive, caring service, to clients of any age.
" A year from now you will wish you had started today." Karen Lamb.
How I work and what to expect
I have a genuine desire to work in partnership with you, supporting you to achieve the outcome you desire. Whether it's 1:1 or telephone or Skype counselling sessions. Giving you the space and time to discuss any subject or issue without fear of judgement or criticism. I endeavour to create a safe, professional experience set apart from the pressures of the outside world, to explore and express parts of yourself that you feel you couldn't show to anyone else. Its healthy and normal to feel emotions of anger, anxiety, loss and stress. It is how you express them in your life that is important. If old ways of coping are not working, maybe its time to try something new?
"A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That's why they don't get what they want.". Madonna.
I have further experience in these areas;
In conjunction with private practice, I have worked as a substance misuse counsellor, tackling a wide variety of associated issues including; family, employment, bereavement and social stigma. Using models including CBT, motivational interviewing and person-centred counselling in a cohesive, evidence based, integrative approach.
"Success breeds confidence". Beryl Markham.
I also have experience of counselling young people and working with groups of any age. I am committed continual training and up dating my practice.
How to contact me
I have a mobile and landline number, though these may go to answer phone. Please leave your name and number and I will return your call as promptly as possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma and Mental Health Nursing
Diversity and Culture Training
Counselling Children and Young People Diploma
I am a fully accredited counsellor.
Diploma in CBT almost completed
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Group work including; carer support, addictions support and work-place groups, developing coping strategies for anxiety, work stresss and time management.
- Coping with being a mother and the complex issues that can bring up at times.
- Caring for elderly parents and the demands that can have on you as a carer.
- Life-work balance issues.
- Issues around financial and properties concerns.
- General Mental Health Concerns.
- Stress from disputes from areas including; work, home - life and community problems.
£40.00 per hour
Concessions available please contact me to discuss further.
How long and how often is the counselling?
- I offer both short and long term counselling.
- I have day time and evening appointments available .
- Home visits are available subject to confidential home environment and additional charge for travelling time and fuel costs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|