In a safe and confidential therapeutic relationship, and at your pace, I work with you with the aim to help understand the more hidden meanings of distressing feelings or states of mind which may be painful, frightening or confusing. The meanings may become clearer through exploration of your thoughts, feelings, family history, dreams, and our therapeutic relationship. When meaning is more clearly understood, this helps to bring relief, healing, and lasting change.
I am a psychodynamic psychotherapist, accredited by the UKCP, BPC, and a member of the BACP, with ten years' experience in the voluntary sector and the NHS. I have worked with people who have felt difficulties in their relationships; anxiety; depression; deep unhappiness; overwhelming anger or fear; the pain of bereavement; or who have experienced physical, emotional or sexual abuse in childhood. I have also worked with people who have felt at the mercy of seemingly inexplicable behaviours, such as compulsive repetitive rituals, or panic attacks.
- Qualified psychodynamic psychotherapist, accredited by the UKCP and BPC, and a member of the BACP.
- Honorary psychotherapist, NHS Warneford Hospital, Oxford, 2008 - 2014.
- Psychodynamic counsellor, The Listening Centre, Oxford, 2004-2007.
- Counsellor, Cruse Bereavement Care, 1995-2001.
Training, qualifications & experience
Post-graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, WPF Therapy (formerly Westminster Pastoral Foundation)
Cruse Bereavement Care counsellor
Parenting Support Practitioner, Level Three qualification, Oxfordshire County Council
BA, Primary Education
Diploma in Communications
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
£50 a session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time and evening sessions available.