Helen Townsend Registered Member MBACP, Dip Couns
I am a counsellor focusing on self-development, growth and responsibilities. I seek to help individuals recognise their strengths, creativity and choice in the 'here and now'.
There are many different approaches to counselling people and within the Humanistic model I mainly use Person-centred therapy. This focuses on an individual's self worth and values. Being valued as a person, without being judged, can help an individual to accept who they are and reconnect with themselves.
I promote growth and development in individuals through the exploration of difficult issues. Together we can explore the things you may want to change, assist you in making sense of confusing or overwhelming emotions, help you to develop resources to cope, gain a deeper understanding of yourself and how you may relate to others.
I also specialise in working with young people from the age of 11 years with a view to building self esteem, development of abilities to cope with anxieties and peer pressure, plus I also have a wealth of experience dealing with suicidal feelings, self harm and anger management strategies.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I began my training as a counsellor in 2000 and have experience of working within various environments such as schools, colleges, work place, hospices and voluntary organisations.
- I work as a volunteer counsellor with an "Early Invention" project where the counselling service offered is to parents and I also run a private practice which is based in Bromsgrove
- I am a Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) & have an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) previously CRB
- Diploma of Therapeutic Counselling
- Child Protection E-Learning
- Diploma in Youth Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Anger & Rage Training
- Mindfulness Training
- Licensed to deliver CRUSH training
- EMDR Overview Training
- PODs Trauma & the Body
- StopsSO - Crossing the Line
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Individual counselling £40 per 50 minute session.
Fees are payable in advance and are non refundable. Fees for production of reports and letters in support of clients will be given on a case-by-case basis on application.
Booked sessions must be rearranged with at least 48 hours notice or they will be charged at the agreed fee.
Concessions may be available upon request
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday daytime & also some evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|