Helen Smith. MBACP. Higher Dip Counselling-Mobile service available
West End Farm
I have many years of experience being alongside people who are struggling with life or suffering mental ill health.I provide skilled talking therapy and have found it the most valuable way of making deep seated change and tapping into to the very roots of how and why we are. I have a gentle holding space for you to explore and discover the keys to unlocking and developing self worth,expanding and connecting with living and being whilst feeling safe and supported.
I am skilled in counselling people with a wide variety of presenting issues including grief and loss of many kinds,relationship problems,fear and anxiety.I work in a very gentle person- centred way with warmth and trust in relating so enabling individuals to move forward in a way that feels manageable and empowering.
I have a comfortable room in a peaceful private countryside setting and am also able to make home visits particularly for those struggling to get out.
The first session is free to come and discover for yourself
Training, qualifications & experience
- 15 years experience in working in mental health
- Specialist knowledge of the needs of carers and very experienced with older person's mental health
- Higher Diploma in Counselling
- Specialist Bereavement training and experienced in Bereavement counselling
- Specialist training to work with young people in grief
- Continued ongoing training and professional development-Mindfulness 8 week study/practice, ASIST Suicide Prevention training
- Able to provide a mobile service; visiting individuals in the comfort of their own home
- Working to BACP Ethical framework
- Registered with BACP-British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and now in process of completing Accreditation after over 450 hours in practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Over 16 years of work with older person's mental health and specialist work in the community
Over 5 years experience in bereavement counselling
I have received extra training to work with children and young people in grief.
- Free introductory session
- 35.00 hour
- Reduced rates for those on low income
- Travel costs at 0.40 per mile
I am experienced in providing specialist skilled support work utilising my counselling awareness for those who feel unable to leave their homes and socialise.I work in a very gentle person-centred therapeutic way with people struggling with anxiety,fear,agoraphobia and memory problems, successfully providing and enabling clients to gradually build their inner strength and confidence enabling socialising and accessing the community often joining groups and establishing friendships.
Where appropriate I have used my dogs and horses,walking and nature,appreciation of art and music [ singing too] and cookery in a safe creative and homely environment.Clients have made connections and discovered an inner contentment and empowerment.I have appreciated being able to help in making a real difference in people's lives;enabling them to reconnect both with themselves and with the community.
I have over 16 years of experience in this kind of work.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Some French and Spanish|
I believe in being flexible to my client's needs and so can make a time to suit or can make a home visit; I also have a unique mobile counselling space which is available for use
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|