Helen Smith. MBACP. Higher Dip Counselling-Mobile service available
I have worked alongside people suffering mental ill health for over fifteen years but have now come to realise that skilled talking therapy is one of the most valuable ways of making deep seated change reaching to the very roots of how and why we are.
I am skilled in counselling people with a wide variety of presenting issues including grief and loss of many kinds,relationship problems,fear and anxiety.I work in a very gentle person- centred way with warmth and trust in relating so enabling individuals to move forward in a way that feels manageable and empowering.
I have a comfortable room in a peaceful private countryside setting and am also able to make home visits particularly for those struggling to get out.
The first half hour consultation is free.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 15 years experience in working in mental health
- Specialist knowledge of the needs of carers and very experienced with older person's mental health
- Higher Diploma in Counselling
- Specialist Bereavement training and experienced in Bereavement counselling
- Specialist training to work with young people in grief
- Continued ongoing training and professional development-Mindfulness 8 week study/practice, ASIST Suicide Prevention training
- Able to provide a mobile service; visiting individuals in the comfort of their own home
- Working to BACP Ethical framework
- Registered with BACP-British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and now in process of completing Accreditation after over 450 hours in practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Over 16 years of work with older person's mental health and specialist work in the community
Over 5 years experience in bereavement counselling
I have received extra training to work with children and young people in grief.
- Initial half-hour consultation free [ often useful via phone initially ]
- 35.00 hour
- Reduced rates for those on low income
- Travel costs at 0.40 per mile
I am experienced in providing specialist skilled support work utilising my counselling awareness for those who feel unable to leave their homes and socialise.I work in a very gentle person-centred therapeutic way with people struggling with anxiety,fear,agoraphobia and memory problems, successfully providing and enabling clients to gradually build their inner strength and confidence enabling socialising and accessing the community often joining groups and establishing friendships.
Where appropriate I have used my dogs and horses,walking and nature,appreciation of art and music [ singing too] and cookery in a safe creative and homely environment.Clients have made connections and discovered an inner contentment and empowerment.I have appreciated being able to help in making a real difference in people's lives;enabling them to reconnect both with themselves and with the community.
I have over 16 years of experience in this kind of work.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Some French and Spanish|
times and place to suit client-able to make home visits
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|