Helen Sanders FdSc MBACP
24 Regent Street
The Practice Rooms
39 Cotham Hill
Using a person-centred integrative therapeutic approach I work with people experiencing a range of problems, including anxiety, depression, personality disorders, grief, loss, relationship difficulties, trauma, eating disorders, PTSD and low self-confidence. I offer both short-term and long-term counselling.
My aim is to help you focus on your sense of self and well-being, supporting you to realise your full potential. I will help facilitate self-development by showing empathy, trying to see the world in the way you do, not judging you and being genuine in my dealings with you. I believe that you have within you the potential for growth and self-fulfilment.
Being an integrative practitioner means I will bring in ways of working from a variety of counselling approaches. Using my theoretical knowledge I will assess what methods are best suited to you and create a custom approach that best meets your requirements. Some of the approaches I work with include cognitive behavioural therapy, psychodynamic theory, shell work, creative art work, existential theory, Transactional Analysis, guided imagery, empty chair work, relaxation exercises and guided meditation. I will talk to you about this in the introductory session and explain the process in more detail. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their ethical framework.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Volunteered for social services.
- Worked for social services.
- Achieved a Level 2 Award In Introduction To Counselling Concepts.
- Volunteered in the mental health sector for five years.
- Achieved 114 one to one client hours on placement at an NHS hospital working in a psychiatric department.
- Awarded a foundation degree in counselling from Gloucestershire University.
- Studied a BACP continued professional development course (CPD) in addiction and bereavement.
- I am a registered member of the BACP.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Each 50 minute session costs £50.
- I require 48 hours notice of cancellations. If 48 hours notice is not given I will have to charge you the full price of the missed session.
- In order to provide clients with the optimum counselling experience, I do not overwork myself by taking on more clients than I can handle. I charge the rate per session mentioned above so I am able to run a successful business whilst seeing less clients in a week, this means for each session I am refreshed, engaged and fully present to be at my best for you.
- All prices are for one to one sessions. Each session lasts for 50 minutes.
- To see clients for counselling I rent therapy rooms from the Practice Rooms.
- I can see clients in Clifton Bristol, Cotham Hill Bristol or Bath.
- If you would prefer to have sessions in your own home I may be able to accommodate this dependant on public transport provision and distance, contact me and we can discuss the possibility. I am also available for sessions at weekends and evenings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, weekends and evenings.
Types of client