Helen Rice, Relationship Therapist MA, MSc, MBACP, Relate Certified
Branksome Park, Poole
01202 948728 / 07958691710
I am passionate about people having fulfilling and happy love lives. That's why I specialise in working with individuals and couples, whether single or in a relationship, to explore their difficulties and to find ways to implement the often small changes that can turn things around.
As a specialist relationship therapist and coach I work integratively, drawing on psychodynamic, systemic, existential and other psychotherapeutic ideas. I also incorporate life-coaching techniques and facilitated exercises in sessions to support some clients where we agree these will be useful.
More than any technique or theory,however, I believe that 'being curious' is the key to success. The process of enabling clients to observe and reflect on deeply personal issues with a sense of neutrality and non-judgement can be extremely helpful. Similarly, encouraging partners to take a focused look at their relationship(s) – like watching and commenting on a romantic comedy rather than being the main actors in it - helps them to more easily explore areas of conflict without feeling blamed, or a bad person, or a powerless victim of circumstance.
Challenge is a normal part of the counselling process, however, so I will always endeavour to create a supportive and safe environment in which to have these conversations. Ultimately my aim is to help clients to distinguish the uniquely personal barriers that have been in the way of having the kind of relationship they want and to offer support as they make the changes that will help them to create it - naturally and with ease.
In couple counselling, the aim is to help both partners come to an understanding of what is best for each person as individuals and as co-partners in the relationship. This may result in finding new ways to heal and sustain the relationship, but it is possible that other outcomes, including the decision to separate, may be arrived at.
I am now taking bookings for face-to-face sessions in private premises in Branksome Park, Poole. I also offer Telephone & Skype sessions to clients nationwide via my virtual practice www.belovecurious.com
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA Relationship Therapy, Relate Institute with Hull University
- MSc Psychology, University of Surrey
- Relate Certified Practitioner
- Level 5 HEFCE Counseling & Counselling Skills, London University
Registered Member BACP - Registration number 137257
- Relate Certified Counsellor working with couples, individuals and families.
- Founder of relationship counselling & lovelife coaching website www.belovecurious.com
- Regular media commentator on relationship & dating issues. Recent mentions in January 2016: Metro; Daily Mail YOU Magazine; New! and Saga UK magazine See: http://www.belovecurious.com/inspiration/in-the-press/
- Extensive training as a personal development coach & professional mentor in corporate roles
- Professionally, I have many years experience working in senior corporate roles and as a freelance social research consultant to HM Government.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
• Improve communication skills & stop the arguments
• Express your love & bring back intimacy
• Boost your self-confidence & self-esteem
• Prepare for marriage or civil partnership
• Balance your lovelife with the demands of children & family life
• Cope with affairs or loss of trust
• Consider divorce or separation - conscious uncoupling
• Do you stay in your relationship or is it time to leave?
• Explore your attitudes & experiences of sex & sexuality
• Overcome dating difficulties
• Start a new relationship
- Initial 15-20 minute telephone consultation - No charge
- Assessment session - £70 per session (1 hour)
- Ongoing sessions - Variable pricing. For a recommended pre-paid 6 session block, £60 per session.
Please ask for further details or see payment options on www.belovecurious.com
Some Recent Client Testimonials
At my first session I was nearly in hysterics, panicking that I was not measuring up to any of life’s standards. My sex life, my love life and indeed my life was in tatters. The sessions with Helen not only improved the areas that I thought I needed help with, they went to my core. I walked out of the final session more whole than I have ever felt in my adult life. At last I was equipped with the self confidence to really blossom and grow. This was a life changing experience of which you read about in books! Client, December 2015
I am still feeling the huge impact from our session yesterday. I am using the power of my awakening like magic and slowly going through different areas of my life, tentatively touching each area with new clarity and letting it transform. The process is slow but really joyous. Client, October 2015
I started getting coaching from Helen at a very stuck stage of my relationship. I was confused because I was unhappy in what seemed like it should be a perfect relationship. She listened to all my cries without judgement after which she would ask simple questions that led me to an unshakeable clarity about the next steps for me. Without ever being told what I needed to do it was so clear that I had to find the courage to leave what was comfortable and familiar and follow my heart to find what will make me happy! Client, January 2015
The overall process has been absolutely brilliant! All of a sudden everything clicks into place and when you can see the full circle, all the work we’ve been doing over these few weeks makes complete sense. I’ve had what I thought were good and bad sessions, and sometimes I’ve felt down and very reflective, but in retrospect I feel there’s never been a bad session because it’s all been extremely helpful. Client, December 2014
My attitude to sex has completely changed. I used to think it was always going to be disastrous, but now I have hope that I can have a satisfying and enjoyable sex life. I’ve learned to relax a lot more and not be so bossy, so it’s a lot easier for someone to be spontaneous and more relaxed with me. Client, December 2014
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm. Saturday 9am to 1pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|