Helen Kerry UKCP Registered
I work from home in a quiet residential area of Nottingham where there is on street parking available, it is a short walk from city bus stops.
I have had a private practice in Nottingham for more than 20 years, over this time clients have come to see me bringing a wide variety of life issues including anxiety, panic, depression, relationship and family difficulties.
My approach is to explore what you want from therapy by using attentive listening and collaborative dialogue that is respectful and accepting.
At an initial meeting I hope to explore your reasons for seeking therapy and to decide whether we both think further sessions will be helpful. When this is the case we can book further weekly sessions over a negotiable period of time.
My therapy room is set aside with separate, ground floor access, which offers a warm, confidential and comfortable environment for clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a UKCP registered gestalt psychotherapist with over 20 years experience of working with adult clients. In addition to private practise, I have also worked in G.P. surgeries and worked in the counselling service at Nottingham University for 13years. My earlier professional background was in Nursing.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I charge £50.00 per session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have a confidential voice mail service please leave me a message if I don't answer the telephone. Alternatively you can send me an e-mail to make first contact.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|