Helen Hunt. Diploma in Counselling, MBACP (Accred), BA (Hons)
Most of us, at some point in life can have times when things just don't feel right. Difficulties and burdens can feel overwhelming and although family and friends mean well, they don't always offer the support we need. This is when talking to an experienced and skilled professional, can make a big difference.
It is not uncommon for people to be scared of counselling. This can be for many reasons. Reasons can relate to upbringing/culture, wanting to deal with problems alone, or even believing that talking to a counsellor shows weakness. Some people feel their issues are not distressing enough to require professional help. The reality is it is not unusual for people to talk to counsellors to gain an outside perspective, enabling the ability to step back and rationalise issues that have been causing pain and auguish.
Making the decision to speak to someone about the difficulties you are facing in your life is one of the hardest and bravest steps to take. Once you have made that decision however, it is important that you choose a counsellor that is professionally trained with the skills, knowledge and personal approach suitable for you.
I am a MBACP Accreditated counsellor with substantial experience in a number of areas. I work alongside health professionals at Wellspring Complementary Health Centre in Hillsborough to provide effective therapy to help people resolve their difficulties. I offer both short-term and long-term affordable counselling for adults, young people and children.
I work in partnership with my clients to establish trust and rapport for good counselling to take place. I aim to bring clarity, sensitivity and warmth to my work, supporting the gaining of insights to a better quality of life. The therapeutic base to my counselling is Carl Rogers Person-Centred Approach however I do integrate theories and techniques from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Life Coaching and Solution Focused Therapy if and when it is helpful for a client.
I am a member of BACP and follow their Code of Ethics in my work. The service I provide is safe and confidential and I undertake regular training showing my commitment to my own ongoing and professional development. Please see my website for more details www.helenhuntcounselling.com
Training, qualifications & experience
Since graduating from university I have worked across many settings including the youth service, education, charities and now my own counselling practice.
- Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Personal Life Coaching
- NIGAT Art Therapy
- Certificate in Stress Management
- Certificate in Person-Centred Counselling
- Rainbows Bereavement Support: Guiding people through life's storms
- Safeguarding Children: Advanced safeguarding children in education
- Leeds Mind: Mental health 'befriender' training
- Seasons for Growth: Supporting people through change.
- BARCA : Drugs & Alcohol Awareness Training
- CWDC: CAF & Lead Professional training
- Childline: Online counselling training
- Childline: Telephone counsellor training
- International Develop Exchange: Community work training, India
- Extended Schools Training: How to work with Looked After Children (LAC)
- Childline: Opening the Door - Peer Support Training
- Keep Kids Safe: Online training for establishing a helpline at school.
- Education Leeds: Seal/quality circle time training
- Education Leeds: Child Protection training
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Initial assessment (50 minutes): £20
Counselling sessions (50 minutes): £40
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|