Helen Burrows Ad Dip PC MNCS Dip Hyp CS MHS
12 Moorfield Heights
01457 832977 / 07557 684213
Hi my name is Helen Burrows,
Just a phone call away, based in Carrbrook, Stalybridge, Gt. Manchester. I am a fully insured and accredited professional Counsellor, providing a personal service.
I feel passionately about helping people through difficult times, as well as helping individuals to reach their personal goals in life. I appreciate that sometimes life is a struggle and from time to time it can be difficult to move forward. I offer an approach which is non judgemental and which helps individuals to explore their thoughts and feelings. I will assist you in working through your individual issues, and help you work through these difficult times.
I have experience of Counselling clients with a wide range of issues including: Stress and Anxiety, Depression, Addictions, Bereavement, Relationship and Family Issues.
I work in a safe and confidential environment, and I am empathetic and approachable. I am DBS (CRB)checked and I have regular clinical supervision. My practice is based locally in the Tameside area, and home visits can be arranged locally.
I have previously worked for 20 years in the National Health Service within Pathology. In addition, I work in the voluntary sector, most recently employed by a local organisation offering support to individuals and families suffering from drug, alcohol abuse and mental health issues. I am also qualified in:
* Indian Head Massage,
* Arm, Hand, Leg and Foot massage,
(Currently studying Reflexology)
I am a member of the National Counselling Society / NC S14-01116, National Hypnotherapy Society /HS00T84 and qualified in Indian Head Massage in 2007 at the British School of Yoga.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Ad Dip PC
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- BSY Diploma Indian Head Massage (ABC Level 3)
- Practitioners Diploma in Hand, Arm, Leg and Foot Massage
- First Aid At Work (QCF) QA Level 3
- Living with Anxiety and Depression Certificate (GMW) NHS
- Build a Better You: Exercise and Diet for Health and Wellbeing (GMW) NHS
- Living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (GMW) NHS
- Data Protection Certificate of Continual Professional Development
- NPS ("illegal high's") Drug Awareness Training Certificate of Professional Development
- Safeguarding Adults from Abuse Certificate (Stockport Council)
- A Good Nights Sleep Certificate Manchester Mental Health NHS
- NCST Certificate Brief Advice on Smoking
- NVQ Level 3 in Cervical Cytology (Pathology)
- NVQ Level 3 in Andrology (Infertility, Pathology)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Photos & videos
Initial Consultation 1hr
The initial consultation lasts approximately 1 hour and is charged at £30.00
All Further Sessions
50 minutes which are charged at £30.00
All payments by Cheque or Cash
Please refer to my website regarding other therapy fees.
I have experience in delivering Induction training to staff and volunteers working in the drug and alcohol sector. Training in - Safeguarding, Confidentiality, Boundaries, Equality and Diversity, Drug and Alcohol Awareness. I also have experience working with the youth sector 11-19 yrs as well as working with the over 50's promoting wellbeing to individuals/groups. I am currently delivering massage therapy to local care homes and day centres.
I have delivered alcohol workshops to staff, volunteers and clients in organisations across the Greater Manchester area. Through this work I have been able to help people through:
- Brief Interventions
- Outreach Community work
I have gained specialised knowledge in the following areas:
- Mental health
- Self harm
- Sexual abuse
- LBGTQI Foundation
I have previously volunteered for East Northants County Council delivering 'Meals on Wheels' to the elderly.
More recently volunteered in counselling, covering the Greater Manchester area.
I am currently volunteering on a ad -hoc basis for Eclypse services in Manchester.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to offer sessions between 9am - 8pm week days Weekends by arrangement.
Types of client