Heather Milton Reg. Counselling Psychologist and Psychotherapist
07817204376 / 07817204376
Registered with HCPC as a Counselling Psychologist and with UKCP as a Psychotherapist, Heather has worked as a therapist since the mid 1990’s and for 10 years in the NHS. She accepts referrals from GPs, Psychologists and other health care professionals concerning individuals experiencing both mild to moderate and moderate to severe and enduring mental health problems.
Additionally she now maintains her own private practice where individuals can self refer. Trained as an Integrative therapist Heather can draw on a range of therapeutic approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Schema focused work.
Heather provides short or long term therapy to those of us experiencing a wide range of difficulties including;
- Depression or low mood
- Low self esteem
Anxiety generally, Panic attacks, Phobias, OCD (perhaps intrusive or repetitive thoughts and/or behaviour such as washing or checking).
- Pregnancy loss, such as miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death
No matter how long ago
experienced after exposure to a distressing event/s or trauma resulting from exposure to physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Such abuse may have occurred in childhood or during adulthood, for instance through childhood sexual abuse, domestic violence or bullying in school or in the workplace.
- Life transitions
e.g. job loss, retirement or major life changes
- Relationship difficulties
Much distress within relationships centres on the type of attachment we have to others, our separation from others, or loss. Maybe there is a need to work on your patterns within relationships or maybe you feel a need simply to walk away from an abusive or unrewarding partner.
- Personality difficulties
Perhaps other people appear to be the problem? Maybe you are experiencing conflict in areas of your life?
- Sexuality and Gender Identity issues
Works with heterosexual, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals
Training, qualifications & experience
Heather Milton - Qualifications
- HCPC Registered Counselling Psychologist
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
- MA. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT)
- BSc. Hons Psychology
- Metanoia Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute London
- PG.Dip. Counselling Studies
In line with Heather’s enthusiasm for life-long learning she is currently undertaking research at Metanoia Institute. Successful completion of which will confer the additional qualification of Doctorate in Integrative Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy.
- A graduate member of the British Psychological Society MBPsP.
- Registered with United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy as a Psychotherapist,
- A member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP,
- A member of the Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership,
- A member of Metanoia Institute, London
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Particular interest in pregnancy loss such as miscarriage, abortion, stillbirth and neonatal death.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
£60 per 50 minute session
Heather works within rooms in the suburb of Cyncoed, Cardiff. The rooms are in a secluded location accessed via a private lane where there is ample off road parking. There is shopping at Cyncoed village and Roath Park Lake is within walking distance. There is also easy access to motorways and bus routes.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|