Hayley Coburn (Dip. Couns')
I believe that we all have the ability to grow and expand from the foundations of what we have learnt. As human beings, we're valuable and have so much potential but it's totally normal to find ourselves questioning who we are after major life-changing experiences and on-going struggles. I can offer a safe place to talk through the troubles of everyday life as well as major life events that have rocked your sense of self. My core approach is person-centred and this comes very naturally to me because I believe that we all have the potential to be in touch with our real self. I also integrate other approaches into my work to allow a broad scope for understanding and reflection. I will work with what you bring into the room as you are the expert on yourself and everything is relevant and necessary to personal growth.
I will explore with you what you know of the world from your early experiences and how you manage these in your present world. These early experiences can echo into our adult life whether we are aware of them or not. I will work alongside you to bring about awareness and allow space for exploration on how this has effected your life up until this point. By bringing insight into these current behaviours, by not judging them will allow change.
I have experience of working with adolescents and adults in a number of roles within eating disorders, self harm, domestic abuse and pregnancy related issues. I do offer general counselling to work through the difficulty of feelings and emotions as these occur at any time. I have an interest in trauma, from early life trauma to the effects of everyday trauma that we may not be aware we are affected by.
I offer either short or long term work where I aim to provide a confidential space where we can explore what you want to achieve. I will then work alongside you at your pace and offer a supportive and non judgemental environment.
I work from a quiet room in Cam near Dursley. I am a qualified counsellor in therapeutic counselling and a member of the BACP.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (South Gloucestershire and Stroud College)
- Effective Response to Domestic and Sexual Violence/ Abuse (Women's Aid Federation)
- Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care- Children and Young People
- Diploma Foundation Studies in Art and Design (Stroud College)
- 2015 Introduction to Counselling for IVF
- 2015 Introduction to post Abortion
- 2015 Introduction to Counselling for Miscarriage
- 2016 Working with clients who have experienced a traumatic birth
- 2016 Introduction to Couples Counselling
- 2016 Focusing- Acceptance without Judgement
- 2016 An Introduction to Inner Child work
- 2017 Introduction to Internal Family Systems
- 2017 Working with clients who have experienced stillbirth
- 2017 The nature of Bereavement and Loss: Good grief or Prolonged bereavement
- 2017 Living from within your Feminine Power; Self Love
- 2017 Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) Workshop
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
I offer either a free initial call or short meeting (no longer than 30 minutes) to discuss your needs and understanding of counselling.
A 50 minute individual session costs £40.
I have some concessionary places for those in receipt of benefits.
I offer sessions during the day as well as some sessions during the early evening.
Please either text, phone or email me for further details and to arrange an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client