Giselle Hayers BSc MSc MBACP
Are you feeling anxious, depressed, low in mood or stressed? Counselling can help; I offer a confidential space for you to talk freely without fear of judgement enabling you to make positive changes and overcome any difficulties that you may be experiencing.
People go through difficult times in their lives, that gives them a sense of anxiety, depression or feeling sad; this can be linked to a variety of reasons and it can feel that no one fully understands; family and friends can be helpful but they can be too emotionally involved to help you gain a clear view of what is troubling you.
I am a highly experienced Counsellor and have a straightforward, honest and caring attitude. I use my skills to work with you to help you to identify areas in your life that you may wish to change; to help empower you to make the positive changes that you would like.
You are the expert in your own life but by working together we are able to think about things in a different way helping you to gain a clearer perspective and have more understanding of your thoughts and feelings so that you can overcome the difficulties which you are experiencing.
I counsel on wide array of issues which include abuse, anxiety, depression, bereavement, phobias, relationships, gender and sexuality.
When you attend Inner Dawn Counselling & Psychotherapy, you can expect to be treated:
- As an individual
- Without judgement
- With integrity
For more information please visit our website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Applied Psychology Therapies & Addictions
- BSc(Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy
- ASSIST Suicide Prevention Training
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in Bisexuality Awareness
- Certificate in Transgender Awareness
- Certificate in Bereavement
- Certificate in Addiction
- Private practice in Oldham
- Volunteer counsellor at LGBT Foundation
- Guest Lecturer at Universities, lecturing on sexuality,gender identity and the gender spectrum
- Guest speaker at CPD events
- Experience of therapeutic writing and the teaching of Mindfulness techniques
I comply with BACP's requirements for Continued Professional Development, and Supervision
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
£40 - Individuals (50 minutes)
How To Pay:
- Counselling sessions need to be paid for in advance to secure an appointment.
- Your first session needs to be paid via Paypal by using the link on our website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk within 24hrs of an appointment being agreed in order to secure it; once payment has been received a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- If payment has not been received within the 24 hour time frame the appointment is released to other clients.
- At the end of each therapy session you will need to pay for the next appointment in cash so you are always paid up in advance.
Some people like to pay session by session and others like to do a month/a few sessions at a time; we are flexible and we can discuss what will work for you during your first appointment.
* Concessions are available for counselling students who require therapy as part of their course (please ask for more information).
* Concessions are available on set days for those who are unwaged, students or receive a state pension; these are limited and daytime appointments only (please ask for more information).
* Fees for Organisations & Employee Assistance Program clients vary (please ask for more information).
Evening appointments are limited; the latest appointment is 7.00pm or 7.30pm dependent on the day.
Please telephone for further details; if you feel you'd prefer to text or email, please do so and I'll reply as soon as I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri: 10.00-20.00 Sat/Sun: closed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|