Giselle Hayers BSc MSc MBACP
Most people go through difficult times in their lives often having a sense of anxiety, depression or feeling low in mood; this can be linked to a variety of reasons and often they feel that no one understands; family and friends can be helpful but they are usually too emotionally involved to help you gain a clear view of what is troubling you.
Counselling is a process whereby I use my skills to work with you to help you to identify areas in your life that you may wish to change; to help empower you to make the changes that you desire in order that you are able to live the life you deserve. You are ultimately the expert in your own life but by working together we are able to think about things in a different way so you can start to make the changes that you wish.
My background is in Person-centred Therapy but I often use an Integrative approach depending on an individual’s own unique needs; this may include using other therapy models such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Gesalt, Mindfulness, etc. By doing this it allows me to work at each client’s own individual pace.
While I counsel an array of issues which include abuse, anxiety, depression, bereavement, phobias and relationships; I have an interest in sexuality, gender dysphoria and gender identity.
For more information please visit my website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Applied Psychology Therapies & Addictions
- BSc(Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy
- ASSIST Suicide Prevention Training
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in Bisexuality Awareness
- Certificate in Transgender Awareness
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Gender Identity including issues surrounding Transgender, Transsexual, Cross dressing and Transvestism.
Face to Face Counselling (50 minutes): £40 per session.
** Fees are paid cash only at the time of the session.**
* A concessionary rate is available for students in counselling training who require therapy as part of their course.
* I also have a limited number concessionary rate places that are available for those who are unwaged, students or on a state pension for daytime appointments.
* Fees for Organisations & Employee Assistance Program clients vary - please contact for details.
Evening appointments are limited; the latest appointment is 7.00pm or 7.30pm dependent on the day.
Please telephone for further details; if you feel you'd prefer to text or email, please do so and I'll reply as soon as I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri: 10.00-20.00 Sat/Sun: closed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|