Giselle Hayers BSc MSc MBACP
Feeling anxious, depressed, low in mood or stressed? Counselling can help; I offer a confidential space for you to talk freely without fear of judgement enabling you to make positive changes and overcome any difficulties that you may be experiencing.
Most people go through difficult times in their lives often having a sense of anxiety, depression or feeling sad; this can be linked to a variety of reasons and it can feel that no one understands; family and friends can be helpful but they are usually too emotionally involved to help you gain a clear view of what is troubling you.
I am a highly experienced Counsellor and have a straight forward, honest and caring attitude; I use my skills to work with you to help you to identify areas in your life that you may wish to change; to help empower you to make the positive changes that you wish.
You are ultimately the expert in your own life but by working together we are able to think about things in a different way so you can gain perspectives and understanding of your thoughts and feelings so you can overcome the difficulties that you are experiencing.
While I counsel an array of issues which include abuse, anxiety, depression, bereavement, phobias and relationships; I have an interest in sexuality and gender identity.
When you attend Inner Dawn Counselling & Psychotherapy, you can expect to be treated:
- As an individual
- Without judgement
- With integrity
For more information please visit our website www.innerdawncounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Applied Psychology Therapies & Addictions
- BSc(Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy
- ASSIST Suicide Prevention Training
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Certificate in Bisexuality Awareness
- Certificate in Transgender Awareness
- Certificate in Bereavement
- Certificate in Addiction
- Private practice in Oldham
- Volunteer counsellor at LGBT Foundation
- Guest Lecturer at Universities, lecturing on sexuality,gender identity and the gender spectrum
- Guest speaker at CPD events
- Experience of therapeutic writing and the teaching of Mindfulness techniques
I comply with BACP's requirements for Continued Professional Development, and Supervision
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Whilst I welcome enquiries from clients with any concern, I have a special interest in:
- Gender Identity Issues
- Anxiety & Depression
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Face to Face Counselling
£40 per session (50 minutes).
** Fees are paid cash only at the time of the session.**
* Concessions are available for students in counselling training who require therapy as part of their course (please ask for further information).
* I also have a limited number of concessions available on set days for those who are unwaged, students or on a state pension for daytime appointments only (please ask for further information).
* Fees for Organisations & Employee Assistance Program clients vary - please contact for further details.
Evening appointments are limited; the latest appointment is 7.00pm or 7.30pm dependent on the day.
Please telephone for further details; if you feel you'd prefer to text or email, please do so and I'll reply as soon as I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri: 10.00-20.00 Sat/Sun: closed
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|