Gina Crowley MA MBACP
Tyne And Wear
16-18 Fenkle Street
01207 543659 / 07964 545476
Hello, I am a Relate trained counsellor who specialises in relationship work with couples and families. I also work with individuals who wish to address their concerns about their relationships or sexuality issues.
The problems that couples might bring to counselling include , amongst many others, no longer feeling connected to their partner, wondering whether to split up, an affair, having too many arguments, feeling unsatisfied by the relationship, feeling that they no longer have a 'romantic' attachment since the birth of children, the effects of long term illness ( including depression ) on their relationship and wanting to communicate better.
In counselling individuals, I work with whatever issues the person brings and try to offer the most appropriate therapy within a supportive therapeutic relationship. Issues that clients bring might include unresolved grief, depression, work stress, anxiety, sexuality issues, sadness following the end of a relationship , family problems and many others.
Working with Families
My former teaching experience within both mainstream and special education has supported my work with families, particularly where a child or children have additional needs. I work with families to improve their communication and their happiness with their families. I have extensive experience with working with children with autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia, physical disabilities, ADHD and ASD.
I am also a trained coach, working with individuals on managing change in their lives in such areas as their career, retirement, family change or managing chronic illness.
A member of the BACP ( British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) I adhere to its Ethical Framework for Good Practice. I am also a member of the AFT ( Association of Family Therapists) and am included on Relate's Register of Qualified Relationship Counsellors.
Where can I see you?
I work in a central therapy space in Rowlands Gill on Mondays. On Tuesdays, I work at Tru-yoga in Alnwick. I am also able to offer counselling in Gateshead / Newcastle on Saturdays in a venue that is convenient to you .
Phone me or email me to arrange an initial assessment consultation. I look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Relationship Therapy (BACP accredited)
- RELATE counsellor, included in The Relate Directory of Practitioners.
- Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring (ILM)
- Master in Education
- Post Graduate Certificate in Assessing & Teaching students with Dyslexia
- Advanced Diploma in Special Needs in Education
Other Experience and recent short training courses
- Member of AFT ( Association of Family Therapists) attending their training days
- Former experience as a SENCO ( Special Educational Needs Coordinator ) within a number of different schools where I supported families and children with additional needs ( eg. learning difficulties, behavioural difficulties, physical disabilities, communication problems.)
- Coaching adults within a work environment
- Recent short courses have included: Child protection & Safeguarding ; Assessment of Domestic Violence ( DVA) within Couple relationships; Children living with DVA ; DVA in LGBT relationships; Mental Health awareness ; Working with depression & Suicidal risk; Narrative therapy in work with children; Practical systemic ideas in working with families, couples & individuals ; Substance misuse & couples; Guilt & Shame; Understanding Sex Addiction.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Coaching : Career , Retirement , Family Changes, Chronic Health Problems
Costs may vary according to place and time. A group of sessions can be purchased in advance at a cheaper rate. Fees to be agreed by phone before first appointment. The sessions are usually 55-60 minutes long.
Couple Therapy : £45 Family Counselling : £45 Individual Counselling and Coaching: £40
Are my Therapy Rooms accessible?
The therapy rooms in Alnwick and Rowlands Gill are on the ground floor and have accessible toilets. More information upon request.
Is there Parking nearby?
My room in Alnwick has ticket parking outside and a free car park within walking distance. My room in Rowlands Gill has free parking on the road outside and parking nearby on roads and in the library car park a short distance away.
What should I expect from the first session?
Most people come to counselling because they are worried and unhappy about their lives. They often experience anxiety in coming to that first counselling session. I hope to offer a calm , supportive, non-judgemental environment where that anxiety can lesson and new ways of thinking can develop. In the first session I will try to assess your needs and together we will agree what it is we will be working on in the counselling sessions . You decide what the focus of our work is. I may suggest how many sessions you may need ( 4 , 6, 10 ) but you are free to end the work when you want to. Many of my clients say that they dreaded coming to that first session but felt so much better and 'lighter' afterwards.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Pleasant, calm therapy rooms in 2 locations: Mondays: 9-9 in Rowlands Gill, NE39. Tuesdays: 3-8 in Alnwick , NE66. Also possibility of Saturday sessions in Gateshead/ Newcastle.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|