Gillian Egeli BSc MSc MA (MBACP) (MBPsS)
Health & Wellbeing Centre
Above Re Love & Care Charity Shop
2A Curzon Road
Manchester M33 7DR
Cheadle Hulme Centre For Psychotherapy and Counselling
16b Station Road
I am a fully qualified integrative counsellor/psychotherapist in South Manchester, who draws upon a blending of various therapies and who offers non-judgemental empathic counselling in a safe confidential environment with the aim of helping individuals develop their own resources in order to cope. I have worked for many years in an educational environment with both young people and adults.
There are many reasons that people seek help through counselling. It may be that life is particularly challenging at the moment and that you are finding it difficult to cope with every day tasks or that you do not seem to be able to gather the motivation to go about your daily life. There may also be significant life events either recent or in the past that just keep resurfacing.
I have worked for many years in an educational environment with both disaffected young people and adults. I offer long or short term therapy with concessions for those on low incomes.
I am an integrative counsellor which means I can use various approaches with a person centred base. I offer safe confidential empathic counselling in South Manchester, and offer clients space to explore their feelings in a supportive environment.
I have also trained for many years in Tai Chi (am an indoor student) Bagua and Chi Gong which enables me to help clients relax and become mindful of the feelings.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc in Psychology (Manchester Metropolitan University)
- Learning mentor Certificate (City and Guilds London Inst.) Recognised by Excellence in Cities for my achievements in school by winning an award in 2001
- ITA Transactional Analysis Cert. (Inst. Of TA)
- MSc in Psychology (Manchester Metropolitan University
- Safeguarding Children Cert. (Manchester City Council)
- Special educational Needs Cert. (Manchester metropolitan University
- Counselling Cert. Lev 1 (Manchester Metropolitan University)
- Counselling Skills Cert. Lev 2 ( University of Manchester)
- Counselling Young People Certificate (Trafford Council)
- Post Graduate certificate in Counselling (University of Manchester)
- MA in Counselling (University of Manchester)
- I am currently undertaking a PhD at Manchester University.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I charge £45 per hour however I offer a sliding scale depending on the client's financial circumstances.
I am based in Cheadle Hulme Cheshire, and in Sale Manchester .All sessions and correspondence are confidential in accordance with the BACP and BPS code of ethics.
For further information, please complete our online enquiry form below or contact me via email or telephone using the details on the right.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|