Gill Cassidy (atthestillpoint.org.uk) MBACP Accredited
Sunderland Friends Meeting House
30 Roker Park Road
Tyne And Wear
Jesmond Therapy Centre
7 Holly Avenue West
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne And Wear
0789 291 8868
- My hope is to offer you a compassionate space to be heard and to discover a way forward. At the heart of my work is the healing potential of the therapeutic relationship. My desire is to meet and be alongside you as you draw on your inner strength and creativity in what can be very challenging circumstances.
My experience comes from my role as a practice counsellor in several G.P surgeries. I had the privilege of supporting many different people from all walks of life. I love my work and can offer both short and long term counselling.
My approach to counselling is intuitive and creative, attending to what's happening for you right now, whilst giving respect and time to earlier experiences. Being committed to my own personal growth, I deeply believe that this way of being helps us understand ourselves better. Through counselling our lives and our relationships can be enriched .
I want to acknowledge the anxiety around deciding to come for counselling. It takes courage to reach out for help. Please do not hesitate to ask me anything you may need to know to make a good choice .
Please visit my personal website for further information: www.atthestillpoint.org.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Relationally embodied Gestalt therapist (2015)
- UKCRP Registered Independent Counsellor / Psychotherapist (2012)
- Further psychotherapy training at The Edinburgh Gestalt Institute (current)
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (2007)
- Pilates Practitioner level 3 (2006 )
- B.A Hons in English Literature and Theology (1985)
My counselling experience is within the primary care service and charitable organisations.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
fees are £45 per session .
- I also teach restorative Pilates classes and one to one sessions too. If you are interested in this please visit my website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I also offer Counselling in Gateshead on Thursday afternoons and evenings.
Types of client