Georgina Lynch (RegMBACP) face to face, telephone & online Counsellor
I am a fully qualified and experienced counsellor, life coach, mentor and yoga teacher. I have a passion for working with anxiety, depression and addictions. I offer face to face, telephone and online counselling via email, Skype instant messaging, webcam or FaceTime. Dependent on individual need, both short or longer term work is possible.
Some of the issues that I have successfully worked with include:
Anxiety, depression, addictions, panic disorder, panic attacks, Bi-polar disorder/Manic Depression, obsessive compulsive thoughts, anger, frustration, relationship issues, feeling sad, family issues, affairs/betrayal, body image, overeating, low self-esteem, self-harm, IBS, assertiveness issues, lack of confidence, lack of self worth, not feeling good enough, fear of failure, loss of identity, discrimination, suicidal ideation and the trauma attached to abuse.
With my unique blend of professional skills and life experience I am able to offer a deep empathic understanding of the thoughts, feelings and behaviours associated with experiencing mental health problems, addictions, relationship problems, feeling sad and difficult life issues.
Through kind and compassionate guidance I provide a confidential and non-judgemental space to talk and feel valued. I always work in a safe, supportive and gentle way.
I also offer a fusion of therapeutic support in order to meet your wellbeing needs.
Please get in contact to discuss booking an initial session.
What my client's say:
'Georgina totally changed my life. I was unable to break free of the medication/depression cycle, but I am now off the meds and, although I know it will be a journey, I now have the tools to achieve a degree of content I never thought possible. Thank you so much Georgina!' BP
'Great experience, I definitely feel much better' SH
'My first contact felt very relaxed, putting me at ease straight away. Thank you Georgina, you really have helped.' PS
'I found Georgina to be not only professional, but I was truly touched and grateful for her understanding and compassion' KB
'The first session was set up very quickly. Georgina has helped me for the last year and I am fully happy with the service she gave me. I found her to be truly understanding and pragmatic. I would recommend her to others, she is awesome!' CF
'Thank you very much Georgina, you've been a great help' NS
'Georgina actually showed understanding to what I was thinking and saying' Anon
'Georgina allowed me to talk about issues at my own pace. She asked insightful questions which allowed me to start considering the situation from different perspectives and find solutions that I hadn’t thought of. She supported me in developing assertiveness skills (completely at my own pace) and also allowed me to talk and cry about crippling guilt that I have always carried with me. I learned the importance of self-care, despite being a mother to a child with disabilities. I discovered a love for Yoga, an exercise which helps me mentally and physically. I discovered various self-calming techniques which I can honestly say I still use at least once a day. I learned the important link between my mental health and my pattern of overeating and instead of feeling guilt I could feel compassion for myself' CO
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 2 & 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- OCST Online Counselling Skills Certificate.
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring.
- Qualified FRYOG Dip. 200 hour yoga teacher.
- Over 600 hours of 1-2-1 client counselling and coaching work.
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Registered member of the Association for Counselling and Therapy online (ACTO).
- Member of the BACP Coaching Association (BACP).
- Regular supervision with a fully qualified and experienced supervisor and psychotherapist.
- Over 10 years work experience within NHS mental and public health community services.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling with yoga
I am able to offer a fusion of therapeutic support in order to meet your wellbeing needs.
This mind-body therapy is designed to deepen an understanding of your emotional world and resolves issues at a deep emotional and physical level. Combining my intuitive skills as a qualified counsellor and yoga teacher I can provide you with an extraordinary space for healing. I create a calm and deeply empathic environment to explore any issues you may be currently struggling to deal with. Working with this beautiful blend of approaches I will safely support you to gain an understanding of your emotions and situation, whilst connecting you to your mind and body through meaningful yoga posture and breath work.
Counselling with yoga sessions are available to individuals and couples.
60 minute session for individuals £55
60 minute session for couples £60
If you would like to discuss any of these options in further detail please get in touch and we can arrange an initial session.
- £40 for 60 mins face to face counselling in your home, within 5 mile radius of Kingsbridge
- £45 for 60 mins face to face counselling at Harbour House, Kingsbridge
- £40 for 60 mins online counselling via Skype instant messaging, video and Facetime
- £40 for 60 mins telephone counselling
- £35 for one counselling email exchange
Also now available counselling with yoga sessions (mats are provided):
- £55 for 60 mins face to face counselling with yoga for individuals
- £60 for 60 mins face to face counselling with yoga for couples
Online and telephone counselling procedure
In response to your enquiry I will respond with details about working online. Before online or telephone counselling can commence the contract I send will need to be read, completed, signed and returned. I will attach this to my email when I respond to your enquiry. We will then agree a mutually suitable time to proceed with an initial session. Payment is made via BACS before the session commences.
I offer face to face and online couple's work/mediation, £50 per hour face to face and £45 per hour online.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer daytime Monday to Friday and some evening sessions, face to face and online.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|