Georgina Lynch Registered (MBACP) face to face and online Counsellor
Warm, friendly and authentic person. Fully qualified and experienced counsellor and life coach. I will listen to you and help you to find a way forward. I offer face to face, telephone and online counselling via email, Skype instant messaging, webcam or FaceTime. Dependent on individual need, both short or longer term work is possible.
I am passionate about and specialise working with mental health recovery. With over 600 hours face to face and online counselling experience, if you are living with any of the following: anxiety, depression, panic disorder, panic attacks, Bi-polar disorder/Manic Depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, addictions, anger, frustration, relationship issues, family issues, affairs/betrayal, body image, overeating, low self-esteem, self-harm, IBS, assertiveness issues, lack of confidence, lack of self worth, not feeling good enough, fear of failure, loss of identity, discrimination, suicidal ideation and abuse - I can help. I am fortunate enough to have helped many people overcome and move forward from these issues.
With my unique blend of professional skills and life experience, I am able to offer a deep empathic understanding of the thoughts, feelings and behaviours associated with experiencing mental health problems and difficult life issues. Through kind and compassionate guidance, I provide a confidential and non-judgemental space to talk and feel valued. I always work in a safe, supportive and gentle way.
Please get in contact to discuss booking an initial session.
What my client's say:
'Great experience, I definitely feel much better' SH -
'My first contact felt very relaxed, putting me at ease straight away. Thank you Georgina, you really have helped.' PS
'I found Georgina to be not only professional, but I was truly touched and grateful for her understanding and compassion' KB
'The first session was set up very quickly. Georgina has helped me for the last year and I am fully happy with the service she gave me. I found her to be truly understanding and pragmatic. I would recommend her to others, she is awesome!' CF
'Thank you very much Georgina, you've been a great help' NS
'Georgina actually showed understanding to what I was thinking and saying' Anon
'Whilst I originally approached Georgina to solely tackle overeating it quickly became apparent that the overeating was closely linked to my emotional state. Particularly in terms of lacking self-esteem and self-belief.Georgina allowed me to talk about issues at my own pace. She asked insightful questions which allowed me to start considering the situation from different perspectives and find solutions that I hadn’t thought of. She supported me in developing assertiveness skills (completely at my own pace) and also allowed me to talk and cry about crippling guilt that I have always carried with me. I learned the importance of self-care, despite being a mother to a child with disabilities. I discovered a love for Yoga, an exercise which helps me mentally and physically. I discovered various self-calming techniques which I can honestly say I still use at least once a day. I learned the important link between my mental health and my pattern of overeating and instead of feeling guilt I could feel compassion for myself' CO
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 2 & 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- OCST Online Counselling Skills Certificate.
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring.
- Trainee FRYOG 200 hours yoga teacher (completion October 2016)
- Over 600 hours of counselling and coaching experience.
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Registered member of the Association for Counselling and Therapy online (ACTO).
- Member of the BACP Coaching Association (BACP).
- Regular supervision with a fully qualified and experienced Psychotherapist.
- Over 10 years work experience within NHS mental and public health community services.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Living apart from a child.
- No contact with your child.
- Feelings of guilt and shame.
- £40 for 60 mins face to face counselling in your home, within 5 mile radius of Kingsbridge
- £40 for 60 mins face to face counselling at Harbour House, Kingsbridge
- £35 for 60 mins online counselling via Skype instant messaging, video and Facetime
- £35 for 60 mins telephone counselling
- £35 for one counselling email exchange
If desired I will come to your home at no extra cost - within 5 miles of Kingsbridge.
I am also happy to travel a little further, a reasonable cost will be incorporated to travel outside of this radius in order to provide you with counselling in your own home.
I can offer couple's work/mediation for £45 per hour, within Kingsbridge and surrounding area.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer daytime Monday to Friday and some evening sessions.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|