Georgina Lynch (RegMBACP) Face to Face, Online Counsellor & Life Coach
I am a fully qualified, experienced Counsellor and Life Coach. I hold professional memberships with the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and Coaching, and work in accordance with their standards of practice and ethical framework
Counselling can help you to deal with any life, work or relationship issue that you may be struggling with and is causing you to feel fearful, anxious, stressed, sad, stuck or overwhelmed.
I provide a safe, supportive and non-jugemental space to talk, offering empathy and compassion for whatever you may be going through.
You will have the opportunity to learn new strategies and solutions to help you feel more positive and discover how to regain your control over unhelpful thoughts and emotions.
With my unique blend of professional skills and life experience I am able to offer a deep empathic understanding of the thoughts, feelings and behaviours associated with experiencing mental illness, addictions, relationship troubles, feeling sad and difficult life issues.
I offer a free 15 minute call to decide if I am the right person to help you move forward.
I was straight away confident in Georgina's professionalism and felt happy to talk about anything with her. I would whole heartedly recommend her to anybody, she has a positive attitude which can only instill positivity in her clients thank you for everything you have done for me i am very grateful". SF
'Georgina was patient, honest, kind, with some extremely worthwhile, life-changing techniques which I will continue to use as I move forward in my life. I fully recommend Georgina for anyone who is stagnant, unable to break free from past experiences and who want to live a happy and fulfilling life going forwards' TP
'Georgina totally changed my life. I was unable to break free of the medication/depression cycle, but I am now off the meds and, although I know it will be a journey, I now have the tools to achieve a degree of content I never thought possible. Thank you so much Georgina!' BP
'Great experience, I definitely feel much better' SH
'My first contact felt very relaxed, putting me at ease straight away. Thank you Georgina, you really have helped.' PS
'I found Georgina to be not only professional, but I was truly touched and grateful for her understanding and compassion' KB
'The first session was set up very quickly. I found Georgina to be truly understanding and pragmatic. I would recommend her to others, she is awesome!' CF
'Thank you very much Georgina, you've been a great help' NS
'Georgina actually showed understanding to what I was thinking and saying' Anon
'Georgina asked insightful questions which allowed me to start considering the situation from different perspectives and find solutions that I hadn’t thought of. She supported me in developing assertiveness skills (completely at my own pace) and also allowed me to talk and cry about crippling guilt that I have always carried with me. I learned the importance of self-care, despite being a mother to a child with disabilities. I discovered a love for Yoga, an exercise which helps me mentally and physically. I discovered various self-calming techniques which I can honestly say I still use at least once a day. I learned the important link between my mental health and my pattern of overeating and instead of feeling guilt I could feel compassion for myself' CO
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 2 & 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- OCST Online Counselling Skills Certificate.
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring.
- Qualified FRYOG Dip. 200 hour yoga teacher.
- Qualified Mind Detox Practitioner.
- Over 800 hours of 1-2-1 client counselling and coaching work.
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Registered member of the Association for Counselling and Therapy online (ACTO).
- Member of the BACP Coaching Association (BACP).
- Regular supervision with a fully qualified and experienced supervisor and psychotherapist.
- 11 years work experience within NHS mental and public health community services.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling with yoga
As a fully qualified Counsellor and yoga teacher I am able to offer a fusion of therapeutic support in order to meet your wellbeing needs.
This mind-body therapy is designed to deepen an understanding of your emotional world and resolves issues at a deep emotional and physical level. Combining my intuitive skills as a qualified counsellor and yoga teacher I can provide you with an extraordinary space for healing. I create a calm and deeply empathic environment to explore any issues you may be currently struggling to deal with. Working with this beautiful blend of approaches I will safely support you to gain an understanding of your emotions and situation, whilst connecting you to your mind and body through meaningful yoga posture and breath work.
Counselling with yoga sessions are available to individuals and couples.
60 minute session for individuals £50
60 minute session for couples £60
If you would like to discuss any of these options in further detail please get in touch and we can arrange an initial session.
- £50 for 60 mins face to face counselling at Harbour House or in own your home if preferred (within 3 mile radius of Kingsbridge).
- £40 for 60 mins online counselling via Skype instant messaging, video and Facetime
- £40 for 60 mins telephone counselling
- £35 for one counselling email exchange
Online and telephone counselling procedure
In response to your enquiry I will respond with details about working online. Before online or telephone counselling can commence the contract I send will need to be read, completed, signed and returned. I will attach this to my email when I respond to your enquiry. We will then agree a mutually suitable time to proceed with an initial session. Payment is made via BACS before the session commences.
I offer face to face and online couple's work/mediation, £60 per hour face to face and online.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer daytime Monday to Friday and some evening sessions, face to face and online.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|