Georgina Lynch (RegMBACP) face to face & online Counsellor, Life coach & Mentor
I am a fully qualified and experienced counsellor, life coach and mentor. I specialise in mental health recovery. I offer face to face, telephone and online counselling via email, Skype instant messaging, webcam or FaceTime. Dependent on individual need, both short or longer term work is possible.
I have helped many people of all ages and background to:
Gain clarity and meaning
Live their life in the present moment
Create inner peace and calm
Connect with their true being and sense of self
Create self awareness
Learn how to take responsibility for their life
To manifest a life they love
Some of the issues that I have successfully helped people to overcome include:
Anxiety, depression, panic disorder, panic attacks, Bi-polar disorder/Manic Depression, obsessive compulsive thoughts, addictions, anger, frustration, relationship issues, family issues, affairs/betrayal, body image, overeating, low self-esteem, self-harm, IBS, assertiveness issues, lack of confidence, lack of self worth, not feeling good enough, fear of failure, loss of identity, discrimination, suicidal ideation and the trauma attached to abuse.
With my unique blend of professional skills and life experience I am able to offer a deep empathic understanding of the thoughts, feelings and behaviours associated with experiencing mental health problems, relationship, family and difficult life issues.
Through kind and compassionate guidance, I provide a confidential and non-judgemental space to talk and feel valued. I always work in a safe, supportive and gentle way.
Please get in contact to discuss booking an initial session.
What my client's say:
'Georgina totally changed my life. I was unable to break free of the medication/depression cycle, but I am now off the meds and, although I know it will be a journey, I now have the tools to achieve a degree of content I never thought possible. Thank you so much Georgina!' BP
'Great experience, I definitely feel much better' SH
'My first contact felt very relaxed, putting me at ease straight away. Thank you Georgina, you really have helped.' PS
'I found Georgina to be not only professional, but I was truly touched and grateful for her understanding and compassion' KB
'The first session was set up very quickly. Georgina has helped me for the last year and I am fully happy with the service she gave me. I found her to be truly understanding and pragmatic. I would recommend her to others, she is awesome!' CF
'Thank you very much Georgina, you've been a great help' NS
'Georgina actually showed understanding to what I was thinking and saying' Anon
'Whilst I originally approached Georgina to solely tackle overeating it quickly became apparent that the overeating was closely linked to my emotional state. Particularly in terms of lacking self-esteem and self-belief.Georgina allowed me to talk about issues at my own pace. She asked insightful questions which allowed me to start considering the situation from different perspectives and find solutions that I hadn’t thought of. She supported me in developing assertiveness skills (completely at my own pace) and also allowed me to talk and cry about crippling guilt that I have always carried with me. I learned the importance of self-care, despite being a mother to a child with disabilities. I discovered a love for Yoga, an exercise which helps me mentally and physically. I discovered various self-calming techniques which I can honestly say I still use at least once a day. I learned the important link between my mental health and my pattern of overeating and instead of feeling guilt I could feel compassion for myself' CO
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 2 & 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- OCST Online Counselling Skills Certificate.
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring.
- Qualified FRYOG 200 hour yoga teacher
- Over 600 hours of client counselling and coaching experience.
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Registered member of the Association for Counselling and Therapy online (ACTO).
- Member of the BACP Coaching Association (BACP).
- Regular supervision with a fully qualified and experienced Psychotherapist.
- Over 10 years work experience within NHS mental and public health community services.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Living apart from a child.
- No contact with your child.
- £45 for 60 mins face to face counselling in your home, within 5 mile radius of Kingsbridge
- £45 for 60 mins face to face counselling at Harbour House, Kingsbridge
- £35 for 60 mins online counselling via Skype instant messaging, video and Facetime
- £35 for 60 mins telephone counselling
- £35 for one counselling email exchange
Some concessions are available for those on a low income.
I offer face to face counselling from Harbour House in Kingsbridge, or I am able to come to your home if desired. There is no additional cost within a 5 mile radius of Kingsbridge.
I offer couple's work/mediation for £50 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer daytime Monday to Friday and some evening sessions, face to face and online.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|