Georgina Landick - MBACP
People come to counselling for many different reasons. Perhaps you are facing challenging times, stressful life events or feeling anxiety around things you normally cope with well. You may just want to share thoughts and feelings with someone who doesn’t know you and isn’t involved with your life.
I offer a confidential, non-judgmental space for you to explore and understand whatever you need to, at your pace and to your own agenda. My aim is to help you to make sense of your feelings and reactions to things that are going on. That may mean making new connections, perhaps challenging and untangling things that have become blurred and confused for you. It may involve relationships and events in your past and present.
If you are coming as a couple, you may want to work through issues together, or indeed to find ways to work towards an ending in a safe and supported way.
My counselling approach is integrative which means that I draw on different ways of working with you to work with your particular needs, always with developing a solid and trusting relationship in mind.
Please have a look at my website for more information on my service and how to contact me for an initial conversation about your needs: www.georginalandick.com
Training, qualifications & experience
- I run my own private practise for adults and young people
- I currently provide counselling for "START" (Survivors Trauma and Abuse Recovery Trust) which is a sister organisation of "PODS" - (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors) working with clients who have suffered trauma and childhood sexual abuse
- I have worked at Mind counselling clients with mental health issues
- I have worked at Inclusion (part of the NHS) counselling clients in drug rehabilitation
Training / Qualifications:
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Couples Counselling - Relational Academy, Cambridge
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Childhood sexual abuse training - "PODS"
- Training in drug and alcohol addictions; brain chemistry / cycles of change in addiction
- Training in OCD and compulsive behaviours
- Specialist training in telephone counselling
I am committed to continuous professional development in line with the BACP Ethical Framework guidelines.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have interest and experience in working with people (and people supporting others) diagnosed with Bipolar disorder.
Photos & videos
Individuals: £40.00 for a 60 minute session
Couples: £60.00 for a 60 minute session
I offer a 15 minute telephone discussion free of charge to talk about your needs before you book your first session.
I work in a homely, non-clinical environment In Coveney which is a 10 minute drive from Ely and most of the surrounding villages.Toilet facilities are available.
I offer telephone counselling and online counselling via Skype which means you can work with me wherever you are located. Please look at my website: www.georginalandick.com
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays with evening appointments available (latest is a 7pm start). Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|