Gemma Ridge. Counsellor/Psychotherapist (MBACP). A Director at HealthWise Leeds.
562A Scott Hall Road
Hello, and welcome to my profile.
- My name is Gemma and I am a qualified and registered integrative counselling therapist. I am also an accredited group worker and training consultant.
- I am a Director for HealthWise Leeds Therapy Centre.
- HealthWise Leeds Therapy Centre is located in Chapel Allerton, Leeds. It was founded in 2017 by Gemma Ridge, Tracey Patrick ans Clare Beavan. We are all experienced, fully qualified and registered in our respective fields of therapy. For further details please visit the website below:
- I am qualified to Masters level and have a post graduate diploma from a registered and accredited course. (BACP).
- I have over fourteen years experience of one-to-one and group work with people who have a range of mental health problems.
- I worked as a Probation Officer for 12 years working with some of the most vulnerable adults with often complex emotional needs.
- I am particularly experienced at dealing with the issues around domestic abuse, relationship problems, anger management, eating disorders, adoption and various types of addictions such as alcohol and drug use.
- I am a registered member of the 'British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy' (BACP). This means that our work together will adhere to set standards for responsible and effective counselling.
- I also work for 'PAC-UK' which is a charity that supports people affected by adoption. I offer therapeutic support to families who have lost their children, and adopted adults.
Fees: Initial consultation and assessment session: £45
Individual face-to-face therapy: £45 for 50 minutes. Concessions available for students and those
on low incomes.
Couples therapy: £50 for 1 hour.
Group Psychotherapy: £20. For those who would benefit from the support of others. Sessions run on a Tuesday evening between 6pm-7.30pm. Maximum numbers in a group: 8. You would have an assessment and join the group when there was availability. Group membership is up to one year.
Telephone counselling: £40 for 50 minutes.
Skype Therapy: £40 for 50 minutes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 7 (Masters level), Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (attained from a BACP Accredited University. 2 years).
- Certificate in working with addiction.
- Certificate in Relationship Counselling.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (1 year).
- Institute in Leadership and Management Coaching Certificate (1 year).
Certificate in Probation Studies (1 year).
BSc (Hons) in Sociology: 2:1 (3 years).
I have over 14 years experience of group work and 1-to-1 work in:
Domestic Abuse (working with perpetrators and victims)
Substance Use: Alcohol and Drug use.
Working with impulsive problematic behaviour.
Working with women with low self esteem and confidence issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have qualifications and experience in: Coaching, Problem Solving, Solution Focused Therapies and Cognitive Behavioural Therapies.
I am an experienced training consultant. I design bespoke training packages for companies on a range of issues:
'Mental Health Awareness'
'Domestic Abuse Awareness.'
'Working with Women in the Criminal Justice System: What Works?'
I regularly attend training events as part of my continuous professional development and consult with an experienced supervisor in relation to my work. I am CRB checked and have completed Safeguarding and risk of harm training.
Photos & videos
Fee for the assessment appointment is £45
- Individual counselling- £45 for 50 minutes. Some concessions for students and those on low incomes.
- Telephone Counselling- £40 for 50 minutes.
- Skype Therapy- £40 for 50 minutes
- Couple therapy- £50 for one hour.
- Group psychotherapy-£20 for 1.5 hours. Maximum number of 8 per group.
Previous and current work experience and employment:
- 2017-Director at HealthWise Leeds Therapy Centre.
- 2015-current: I also work as an adoption support therapist for a registered charity called PAC-UK.
- 2013-2015: I worked as a therapist at Leeds Music College
- 2013-2016: I worked at 'Phoenix Health and Wellbeing' counselling people with a variety of mental health issues.
- 2003-2014: I worked for the Probation Service delivering 1-to-1 and group work to people who had committed a range of offences. I was also a supervisor and accredited trainer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|