Gemma Ridge. Counsellor & Psychotherapist. Reg. Member of BACP. Masters Diploma
562A Scott Hall Road
Hello, and welcome to my profile.
- My name is Gemma and I am a qualified and registered integrative counselling therapist. I am also an accredited group worker and training consultant.
- I am qualified to Masters level and have a post graduate diploma from a registered and accredited course. (BACP).
- I have over fourteen years experience of one-to-one and group work with people who have a range of mental health problems.
- I am particularly experienced at dealing with the issues around domestic abuse, relationship problems, anger management, eating disorders, adoption and various types of addictions such as alcohol and drug use.
- I am a registered member of the 'British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy' (BACP). This means that our work together will adhere to set standards for responsible and effective counselling.
- I also work for 'PAC-UK' which is a charity that supports people affected by adoption.
Fees: Initial consultation and assessment session: £40
Individual therapy: £45 (some concessions available for students and those on lower incomes).
Couples therapy: £50
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 7 (Masters level), Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (attained from a BACP Accredited University. 2 years).
- Certificate in Relationship Counselling.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (1 year).
- Institute in Leadership and Management Coaching Certificate (1 year).
Certificate in Probation Studies (1 year).
BSc (Hons) in Sociology: 2:1 (3 years).
I have over 12 years experience of group work and 1-to-1 work in:
Domestic Abuse (working with perpetrators and victims)
Substance Use: Alcohol and Drug use.
Working with impulsive problematic behaviour.
Working with women with low self esteem and confidence issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also have qualifications and experience in: Coaching, Problem Solving, Solution Focused Therapies and Cognitive Behavioural Therapies.
I regularly attend training events as part of my continuous professional development and consult with an experienced supervisor in relation to my work. I am CRB checked and have completed Safeguarding and risk of harm training.
Photos & videos
Fee for the assessment appointment is £40
- Individual counselling- £45. Some concessions are available and would be agreed in the assessment session. These are available to students and those on incomes lower than £20,000 per year.
- Couple therapy- £50
Previous and current work experience and employment:
- 2015-current: I also work as an adoption support therapist for a registered charity called PAC-UK.
- 2013-2015: I worked as a therapist at Leeds Music College
- 2013-2016: I worked at 'Phoenix Health and Wellbeing' counselling people with a variety of mental health issues.
- 2003-2014: I worked for the Probation Service delivering 1-to-1 and group work to people who had committed a range of offences. I was also a supervisor and accredited trainer.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client