Gemma Ridge. Counsellor & Psychotherapist. Reg. Member of BACP. Masters Diploma
562A Scott Hall Road
Hello, and welcome to my profile.
- My name is Gemma and I am a qualified and registered integrative counselling therapist.
- I am qualified to Masters level and have a post graduate diploma from a registered and accredited course. (BACP).
- I have over twelve years experience of one-to-one and group work with people who have a range of mental health problems, including anxiety and depression.
- I am particularly experienced at dealing with the issues around domestic abuse, relationship problems, anger management and various types of addictions such as alcohol and drug use.
- I am a registered member of the 'British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy' (BACP). This means that our work together will adhere to set standards for responsible and effective counselling.
- I also work for 'PAC-UK' which is a charity that supports people affected by adoption.
Fees: Initial consultation and assessment session: £40
Individual therapy: £40 (some concessions available for students and those on lower incomes).
Couples therapy: £50
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 7 (Masters level), Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (attained from a BACP Accredited University. 2 years).
- Certificate in Relationship Counselling.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (1 year).
- Institute in Leadership and Management Coaching Certificate (1 year).
Certificate in Probation Studies (1 year).
BSc (Hons) in Sociology: 2:1 (3 years).
I have over 12 years experience of group work and 1-to-1 work in:
Domestic Abuse (working with perpetrators and victims)
Substance Use: Alcohol and Drug use.
Working with impulsive problematic behaviour.
Working with women with low self esteem and confidence issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also have qualifications and experience in: Coaching, Problem Solving, Solution Focused Therapies and Cognitive Behavioural Therapies.
I regularly attend training events as part of my continuous professional development and consult with an experienced supervisor in relation to my work. I am CRB checked and have completed Safeguarding and risk of harm training.
Photos & videos
Fee for the assessment appointment is £40
- Individual counselling- £40. Some concessions are available and would be agreed in the assessment session. These are available to students and those on incomes lower than £20,000 per year.
- Couple therapy- £50
Previous and current work experience and employment:
- Adoption Counselling Support Worker for PAC-UK (current).
- Leeds Music College- counselling students (2 years).
- 'Phoenix Health and Wellbeing' -counselling people with a variety of mental health issues (3 years).
- 'Leeds Well-being Centre'-counselling therapist (1 year).
- Twelve years experience working as a group work facilitator, trainer and supervisor within the Probation Service.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client