Gemma Anderson Counselling Practitioner (Reg BACP member)
534 London Road
Deciding whether Counselling is for you can be a fearful thought in itself. Its very common that you may feel confused as to what counselling is and can offer or what sort of problems people take to counselling.
These are all very common thoughts that people have before deciding what's right for them.This is why I offer a free first session which will provide answers to some of your questions and help you have a better understanding of the Counselling process.
I offer you a free full first session which will hopefully enable you to ask any questions that may be at the forefront of your mind when considering the option of Counselling.
Why would you choose me over someone else?
An Important part of counselling and its process is choosing the right Counsellor for you. This is where you can feel safe and heard and the knowing that the Counsellors main focus is you and your well being.
So by entering into the counselling process with myself I can assure :-
* Safe and confidential
* Review of therapy on a regular basis to ensure your getting the best out of the sessions
* Non - Judgemental
* Due to the knowledge I have of different therapies it enables me to work in a way where I can adapt to suit your needs as a client.
I offer a private and confidential practice based within a well established counselling practice and I abide by the code of ethics that are put in place by the British Association of Counselling & psychotherapy.
I also have valid Insurance.
Training, qualifications & experience
- AQA Level 2 Certificate in Counselling skills. Including Loss & Grief
- AQA Advanced Diploma level 4 in Therapeutic Counselling (Transactional Analysis, Person Centred, Psycho dynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Practitioners Diploma in CBT
- Working with children & young people certified course
- Rewind Technique Certified course.
- Counselling Supervisor Course
- Sand Play therapy
- The chaotic and unorganised child workshop
- The blob tree workshop
- Creative arts and sand tray therapy workshop
Counsellor and Counselling supervisor at Basildon Mind. Working with adults and youths.till Present
Volunteer Counsellor at Open Adult Counselling Service.
Support group worker for Mind at a college for under achievers at school.
Private practice working with Adults, Children, Families and Couples.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
OCD intrusive thoughts
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Adult £40 per 50 min session
Child under 16 £30 per 50 min session
Couple £50 Per 50 min session
Family £50 per 50 min session
Student £30 per 50 min session
The rewind Technique is used for PTS or PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder). Please enquire beforehand about this technique, its fee and session times. Veterans receive treatment free of charge
Fees Payable at the end of each session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available weekdays and Weekends. Times negotiable to meet your individual needs and requirements.
Types of client