Gail Rickaby MBACP. DIP.COUN
I am a qualified and experienced person centred counsellor. Whatever problems or anxieties that you may be experiencing, I invite you to come and share those problems with me.
I do not give advice or a offer a quick fix solution, however I can work with you to identify and work towards the healing of any emotional pain or problems that can be overwhelming and impact the quality of your daily life. My approach is based on responding to a persons needs. I will not judge you but will accept and respect you whilst being honest with you.
Together we can explore your inner resources that you may feel at this moment in time are lost or unattainable.
You are not alone in this counselling journey, working together we will consider the best way forward for you.
"AND THE DAY CAME WHEN THE RISK TO REMAIN TIGHT IN A BUD WAS MORE PAINFUL THAN THE RISK IT TOOK TO BLOSSOM " - Anais Nin
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced certificate in Person Centred Counselling
- Higher National Diploma in Person Centred Counselling level 5
- Twelves Company Counselling for clients that have experienced rape, sexual abuse, and incest.
- Penhaligon Counselling Service general counselling which includes anxiety, relationship
- Problems, depression, and low self-esteem.
- Finklehores model understanding the immediate effects of psychological trauma.
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness
- Understanding the Inner child concept
- Solution Focused therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a particular interest in the field of sexual abuse having completed many hours counselling and training in this area.
My fees are £25 for the initial first session of one hour.
Then £35 per hour thereafter.
I also have some availability for those on low incomes.
I have a particular interest in the field of sexual abuse having had extensive training in this area.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening appointments available.
Types of client