Gabrielle Ereira-Guyer ( M.A.) HCPC reg Arts Psychotherapist & Counsellor.
The Bath House
Self Centre UK Ltd
Bury St. Edmunds
I am an HCPC registered Integrative Arts Psychotherapist and Counsellor knowledgeable about human development, psychological theories, clinical practice, spiritual, multicultural and artistic traditions, and the healing potential of art and psychotherapy.
- I offer a confidential, non-judgmental and safe space for you to reflect on your life and support your journey to meaning, supporting the freedom to change and imagine, and an opportunity to become who you want to be.
- Combining a range of psychotherapeutic theories with empathy and an understanding of the psychological aspects of the creative process, I will listen, accept, explore and work creatively with you, your feelings and beliefs.
- Working with words, metaphor, image and symbol, connecting mind and body, the work is molded to meet the needs of the individual client. Art Psychotherapy improves wellbeing, awareness, self-confidence and coping skills; it increases cognitive function and can reduce anxiety and depression.
- You do not need artistic ability or experience and sometimes entire sessions can use words alone.
- Using the arts activates the imagination; it helps you to access your unconscious mind. The art shows you new possibilities and supports growth and healing, providing you with a chance to make conscious choices in your life.
- When words are not enough, the arts help express many meanings at once. Art making can be soothing and satisfying, it can help you to get in touch with feelings and memories. From a neurological perspective, working beyond words, with the creative process activates far more of our mental capacity.
- Arts media you may use include: Paints, pastels, charcoal, pencils, clay and sculpture, sandtray, collage, postcards, poetry, drama, puppets, working with dreams, bodywork/movement and music.
- As a qualified psychotherapist, I undertake regular supervision. This is integral to my work and is a place to reflect on what we do and to ensure the relevance, quality and integrity of our work.
- Art Psychotherapist is a professional title protected by law to ensure high standards of proficiency. HCPC registration -
Training, qualifications & experience
- M.A. Integrative Arts Psychotherapy. Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education. IATE (2011-2014)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills : (IATE:2011)
- Advanced Diploma in the therapeutic and educational application of the arts. (IATE:2009-2010)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
My fees are £55 and a session lasts for an hour.
Some concessions and reduced rate packages are available - You may be eligible for reduced rate fees, please see The Golden Yew Project CIC website - www.thegoldenyewproject.org
You can contact me for an initial consultation session for which I charge a reduced rate. In this session we will discuss your reasons for wanting therapy, the length and frequency of our sessions, the fees and we can get a feeling for working together.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client