Frey Case-Leng, MBACP
155A Leighton Road
London Natural Health Centre
46 Theobalds Road
Life can throw all kinds of difficulties our way. Sometimes, we can deal with them and carry on. But, occasionally we find ourselves feeling overwhelmed or confused, struggling to manage on our own.
I am a professionally qualified and experienced therapist. I work with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultural heritages, having counselled at several agencies in London and in private practice. I have helped clients with difficulties including:
- Relationship issues and loneliness
- Anxiety, depression and low self-esteem
- Work-related stress
- Addiction (including substances, alcohol and sex)
- Trauma and abuse
- Grief and bereavement
- Struggles with oppression and identity (relating to race, gender, sexuality, disability and HIV-status)
What I offer
I provide short and long term therapy, with sessions on a weekly basis.
I offer a non-judgemental, supportive and confidential service, providing you with the time and space to share and explore the issues which are causing you distress. I am highly experienced in listening and responding to clients with empathy, respect and honesty – key requirements in aiding you to gain a greater understanding of yourself , the difficulties you are facing, and finding a personal way forward.
Anything you bring to sessions will be treated as confidential and I adhere to the strict professional and ethical guidelines of the BACP.
If you are interested in working with me, feel free to call or email me so we can have a short chat first. I recognise that you may feel nervous or unsure about what to expect so I am happy to answer questions and offer any clarification before meeting for a first session.
In our first session we can talk more about what has brought you to counselling and what you would like to get out of it. I will ask you some questions to get an understanding of your needs and you will be able to ask me anything you like to help you decide whether you want to go forward with me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a First Class BSc in Neuroscience, an MA in Conflict Resolution and an HPD in Counselling & Psychotherapy at distinction level.
- I have a wide range of experience in providing short and long-term therapy to clients at several agencies across London and in private practice.
- I have undertaken many hours of post qualification professional development and continue to do so regularly.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), the largest professional organisation for therapists in the UK..
- I work in a partnership with two other therapists under the banner of DCLJ Counselling. Although our individual work remains confidential, we are able to support each other to develop through our combined expertise.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Struggles with self and group identity can be common in large, diverse cities such as London. This is especially the case if you belong to a group which often faces discrimination in society at large. A whole host of issues can arise in relation to this and my training always pushed me to be aware of how this can present during therapy so that we can acknowledge and work well with the diversity between us.
My fees typically range between £45 and £60. I do, however, have a limited number of sessions I can offer at a concessionary rate.
If you are unable to travel easily due to physical restrictions or limitations, I may be able to visit you at your home. Fees for this can be discussed at the time of booking, but typically range between £50 and £80.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client