France Couelle UKCP
0207 175 0224 / 0790 004 5685
Counselling and psychotherapy via Skype or FaceTime.
I offer therapy on line.
I am a fully qualified and experienced Psychotherapist and Counsellor.
To start with, I offer a free introductory session for you to decide if this therapy is for you and if you would like to work with me.
I work in a warm, open honest way, and with a human approach. My commitment is to provide psychotherapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgmental environment. Also, I am an accredited member of the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists (UKCP). I adhere to the UKCP code of ethics.
I work with clients who come from diverse backgrounds, sharing with each individual his or her path. The therapeutic process encourages deep learning and becoming more fully present in one’s life. My experience also allows me to work with a wide range of clinical issues.
Because I work interactively, I adapt the way I work to suit you and your particular problem/needs and stage of life.
Please feel free to email me or phone if you have any questions.(Health Insurance: I am registered with Aviva.)
Training, qualifications & experience
I did a Foundation Course in Psychotherapy and Counselling at the Minster Centre (London). This was followed by a four year course at The John Bowlby Centre, whereby at the end of the training, I qualified as an Attachment Based Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist. Then I became a registered member of the UKCP.
I have 10 years experience working as a counsellor and psychotherapist. I work with individuals from different backgrounds, ages and with varied reasons for seeking therapy.
I have volunteered with different organisations, including working for victims of crime (Victim Support), giving support to people in crisis over the phone (Samaritans), working for a psychiatric setting and with the homeless.
As well as being a psychotherapist, I work with horses as an Assistant Equine Therapist.
Before becoming a psychotherapist, I was a language teacher and an architect.
I speech French (mother tongue), Spanish and Italian fluently.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Feeling stuck, wanting to break through negative patterns
- Relationship issues,
- Confusion, losses
- Complex- PTSD
- Growing up with self absorb/narcissistic caregiver
- Confusion about sense of self and sense of identity.
Standard fee is £60 per session. Concessions for low income are available.
The duration of the session its 60 minutes.
The initial exploratory meeting is free.
Counselling and Psychotherapy have been around for years. There are many different types of therapeutic interventions.
I am a qualified Attachment Based Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist. This type of therapy focuses on the attachments between people. The first attachments that anyone makes have a profound effect on future relationships.
Each of us is unique and able to change.
People come to psychotherapy with a wide variety of issues and emotional difficulties they want to address.
If you are considering beginning psychotherapy/counselling, you may or may not know what the problem is, or what is causing your distress or emotional pain.
The sorts of difficulties I will be addressing and I have helped people with include:
- Feeling held back or stuck in your life, unable to break a pattern
- Confusion about who you are, problems with identity
- Impact of violence, abuse and trauma
- Feeling afraid, panicky and stressed
- Experiencing anxiety, depression or suicidal feelings
- Addictions, phobias and obsessions, eating problems, self-harm
- Feeling empty, lonely, abandoned, unable to make lasting relationships
- Difficulty in relating, issues of intimacy in relationship
- Loss, bereavement, relationship breakdown
- Problems around sex or sexuality
- Difficulties in family relationships
- Feeling in crisis or in a state of breakdown
- Impact of problems at work, unemployment or bullying.
How can Psychotherapy and counselling help you, and how do they work?
In my work, I recognise that childhood adversity, early life experiences, and the environment in which one grows up, defines who we are. Psychotherapy and Counselling can provide emotional support and empathy to enable a person to accept their feelings and manage them better. In using a ‘relational style’ approach in psychotherapy, I engage with the person, modelling meaningful relationships. This offers the possibility for a paradigm shift in the person’s life and can lead, not to just stabilisation of their symptoms, but a real change in their lives.
Being French through my parents and having been brought up and raised in Italy, I am particularly interested in questions about having a sense of belonging. I recognise tensions that can arise from feeling different, or not part of a group. I work with men and women from a range of backgrounds, sexual orientation and all with their own unique history that need a chance to be fully understood and explored. I am experienced in working with a wide range of difficulties and issues including psychosis, depression, addiction, the impact of trauma and abuse, relationship and parenting difficulties, loss and bereavement, anxiety and phobias.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French, spanish and Italian|
Types of client